CCNA security exam and Boson exam training

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by Septima77, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Has anyone lately passed the CCNA security exam?

Did you use by any change the Boson exam training that is provided with the Cisco Press Official Exam Certification Guide?

How does the Boson software compare to the real deal?

Certifications: CCNA CCNAS CCNAV
    WIP: CCVP
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

ask BosonMichael. He'll tell you. :biggrin

I seem to recall something about the material provided by with the Guide not really being representative of the Boson materials, but Mike will clear that up when he shows up later.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Thanks Fergal,

I hope BosonMichael can shed some light on this one.

4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I am currently writing Boson's ExSim-Max CCNA Security product. I believe that the questions in the book are written by the Cisco Press authors, not by Boson employees, but our engine is used to power those questions. Our ExSim-Max product will be significantly different than the book questions. Although we don't have a definitive release data yet, you should be able to try out a demo of our product pretty soon. ;)

5. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Thanks for the heads up, BosonJosh.

How do the exams compare to the real Cisco exam?

6. BosonJosh

Are you asking about the exams that came in the book or the exams that Boson is developing? I'll answer about the exams we're developing in house here at Boson. We write questions that cover the topics you'll see on the exam. However, although we cover the material that you'll see on the exam, we don't provide you with the same questions and answers as the exam; we create unique content that covers the topics covered on the exam. We also simulate the "feel" of the exam, which means we provide the same types of questions you'll see on the real exam. If you study both the questions and the answers in our products, we guarantee that you'll be able to pass the exam.

To give you a bit of history, a number of us here at Boson used to work for Transcender. In my opinion, the stuff we're creating here at Boson is as good or better than anything we created at Transcender.

7. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

That sounds very good, BosonJosh.

I am afraid the exam you are preparing will not come in time for my CCNA Securityt exam which has been scheduled to take place in 14 days.

I have read the Cisco Press Book, prepared with the included Boson Exam Engine and exam questions, CBT Nuggets and Train Signal CBT.

I found, again, CBT Nuggets very pleasant to learn, however, I feel it is not so complete as Train Signal's CBT. On the other hand, Train Signal is a bit dry.

In additon, I have practised Labs with my 2611xm, with an adventerprisek9 image, both CLI and SDM 2.5 and have setup VPNs for my current employer.

We will see if that has been enough for preparation.

8. madecert

madecert Banned

I am afraid the exam you are preparing will not come in time for my CCNA Securityt exam which has been scheduled to take place in 14 days.

9. BosonJosh

Sorry we won't be able to help you with our practice exam, but good luck on your exam!

10. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Thank you BosonJosh,
    Your feedback is much appreciated.

Meanwhile I wish you goodluck and success compiling the security exam data.
    No doubt in my mind you will do a wonderful job.

11. BosonJosh

Thanks for the kind words, Septima! Let us know how your exam goes.

12. bit_kitchen

bit_kitchen New Member

Have you got a rough date when the Boson CCNA Security content will be available Josh?

Cheers.

13. BosonJosh

I don't have an exact date yet, but the product should be available within the next couple of weeks. The content has been completed, and we're just getting it ready for release.

14. BosonJosh

For those that have asked, Boson's ExSim-Max product for the CCNA Security exam should be released this week. In fact, it should be released within the next couple of days, barring any unforeseen issues.

15. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Well waiting for the license activation key and lets get started again.
    Thanks BosonJosh.