CCNA Requirements

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by 5aq1b, Feb 10, 2007.

1. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

Howdee:

Just a quick question. Looking to do a CCNA...do i also need to 640-811 and the 640-821 in addition to the 640-801 to complete the CCNA?

Thanks

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No. You need either the single 640-801 CCNA exam, or both of the individual 640-811 and 640-821 exams. The content on the 811 and 821 exams together make up the single 801 exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

thanks for clarifying mate

4. BosonMichael

Glad to be of assistance.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

I took the single exam. It was difficult....meaning you have to know your stuff. I assume the individual exams will be the same, however you might be able to study more in that one area. CCNA is a mile wide and 2 inches deep.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  6. BosonMichael

Yep.

In my opinion, if you can hang with the single exam, I'd advise it. Reasoning is, if you get tripped up badly on one single topic, you might be able to better hide your "fatal flaw" in a single exam with a lot of topics rather than two exams in which each covers fewer topics with a lot of detail - your "fatal flaw" will be more likely to be "exposed" in one of the two exams, and you might end up failing that exam.