CCNA no Experience

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by DC Pr0Mo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys, i came across this while browsing the jobs sites, looks like a great opportunity for a CCNA with no real world experience.

http://www.s1jobs.com/job/355168096.html

Hopefully be of interest to someone.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

However it does state:

&

So it's not just a case of no experience and a CCNA...

But good luck to those that apply :)

-Ken

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

The question I always wonder is this: if you were running a network, would you hire someone with no experience to come in to manage your routers and switches? Sure, a CCNA might know the theory and might even be able to run a few commands, but that's a lot different than dealing with issues as they pop up on a production network.

4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I'd say there'll be a few senior network engineer's working there already given the size of the company, and if they are wise the junior tech's CLI access will have a limited privilege level until he has proven his skills somewhat.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Based on the caliber of people on my CCNA course back in the stone age, i wouldn't let a CCNA do **** all to my network outside the 'show' commands, its scary to consider they passed the same exam i did!

That said, i have no beef hiring a CCNA with no experience provided they can pass my own criteria (no brain dumps for my interviews!)

if they know there stuff, it means they put in the time and effort to learn it and deserve a chance, anyone who can learn enough to pass a CCNA for real (no cheating) without much real world exposure is pretty savvy

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0