CCNA Intro - "When to take the test"

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by baldie, Jul 24, 2006.

1. baldie

baldie Bit Poster

Morning, I'm currently revising for the CCNA Intro exam and wondered at what stage do you book the exam. I'm currently doing the test exams from the CCNA book and also tests downloaded from ******* and getting around 80%, I don't actually trust some of these questions as there seems to be a lot of duff questions and incorrect answers. Do people wait till they get 90-100% before taking the test, do the questions in the CCNA Intro book (Cisco) on the CD give a fairly accurate example from the exam?

Also, if you fail any idea how long it is before you can retake and does the result advise you of what you failed on, i.e. Router Basics or does it round it up into a more generic tiltle such as "Troubleshooting"?

Thanks

Mod edit (Z) - removed link to BD

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi that place that you d/l from is illegal and not good. Please dont mention them again. Its cheating and called braindumps.

Also you know when you ready because you will feel ready.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

have you tried self testing programs like Transcender, MeasureUP etc...

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Transender are highly, regarded and i feel *worth the money*. Aim for a high pass mark to allow for a few *awkward* questions on the day.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. baldie

baldie Bit Poster

OK, apologies for cheating, I didn't reaslise that ******** were illegal. What is the deal though with retakes? Is there a set time that must pass before you can sit the exam again?

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i found this but not sure whether this applies to your exam aswell, have you looked on the site?