CCNA fees for unemployed at college

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by zr79, Jun 5, 2009.

1. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

So i thought a certain college(my local) had a fee waiver for CCNA courses if you were unemployed, i just phoned my local college and they said no it's a professional course, now i didn't expect to get a freebie but i am certain i phoned up a few months ago and they said that if unemployed then you would get your fees paid, any ideas?

Certifications: A+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It varies from college to college and depends if they have funding to cover (or substantially reduce) the fees

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Exactly, it's not generic.

At my uni the CCNA course was included as an additional free course on top of the HND.... because they were evil and liked giving students crazy workloads. :(

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It depends on the college, some colleges integrate the CCNA with a BTEC course, that way they can get funding from the Government. If it's a stand alone cert, then no.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

I think what might be happening is that hey have changed the course to all fee paying as there is such demand for colleges courses just now well they can make some extra $ - recession etc.. i am just sure i had it in my head that they ha some kind of fudning if you were unemployed.

Certifications: A+