CCNA exams only

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pinkypants, May 27, 2011.

1. pinkypants

pinkypants New Member

Hi guys,

I have 5-6 years experience as a Support Analyst role and I have my own mini cisco lab at home, as well as the info needed to complete my exam. I don't want to do a year course, I'd rather self study and do the exams.

I looked on the Cisco website and contacted a few centres locally, but I'm struggling to find anywhere that will accept me as an external candidate.

I visit the North West, South Wales and Hampshire areas quite regularly so I can attend centres there if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Also, could you confirm whether it's worth it or not to do the CCENT as well?

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

I'm CCENT. It is recommended way of going up the ladder but not obligatory. You can take one exam. I decided to pay twice.

Also in my personal opinion if you have your own Cisco lab and you are motivated to take self study way you should not waste your time and money to visit official study/cert centres... I do have my own lab and I'm sure can manage my CCNA easily...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA
  3. pinkypants

pinkypants New Member

Hi there,

I've booked my CCENT in for the end of June! I've registered with Pearson VUE and got my login this evening via mail so I don't think I'm going to bother going on a course beforehand.

Any tips on preparing for the CCENT exam?

4. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

Common sense and subnetting... It is pain but most of my questions was subnetting related... Bit about cables, WAN links. Basic commands on switches and routers - fun begins from ICND2... OSI! Apart from that get some CBT nuggets or similar video production. Try to spend some time with PacketTracer - it is good tool and will give you a good knowledge kick... You'll be fine.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Please ignore
    Answered already, hence the edit.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job