CCNA Exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by bdthomas02, Sep 18, 2012.

1. bdthomas02

bdthomas02 New Member

Hello everyone,

I do not have any experience with networking and I want to take the CCNA exam. I have a degree in Information Systems and I know computers very well. Can someone give me some advice or direct me to the materials I need that will help me pass the CCNA exam? What do I need to do to prepare for the exam and how should I study for it?

Thanks,

bdthomas02

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

You can use the Cisco Press books, the ICND 1 and 2... if you go to amazon an search for Cisco press, you'll find the books. I've used them and found them to be great!

Not to discourage you, just keep in mind that the CCNA is not an easy cert to pass nor is it an entry level. If you find it difficult to study, I would recommend you get some experience first and tackle the exam again.

Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. bdthomas02

bdthomas02 New Member

Thanks for the reply. So what do you recommend that I do to help me with the exam?

4. bdthomas02

bdthomas02 New Member

I have the Todd Lammle 640-802 exam book. Should I purchase the book titled "cisco simplified networking"? I heard it simplifies the components of a network.

Thanks for the advice,

bdthomas02

5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I never used that book so I wouldn't know for sure how good it is. If you're not sure either, I'd recommend that you just google a couple of reviews on the book. If its available from Amazon and you have a kindle or a kindle app on your tablet/phone, you can preview some books, good to give that a try.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. catherinecnw

catherinecnw Banned

I remember that the entry level of Cisco certifications is CCENT (ICND1) which covers you basic knowledge of networking. When you take the ICND2 exam, you will be certified as a CCNA. You can acquire your knowledge through online training materials from a number of online training providers. I've taken some training courses from SPAM LINK and found it very helpful in my exams.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012