CCNA Exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by leosdelsol, May 25, 2009.

1. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that the original CCNA exam is set to end on the 31st of July?
    I have been studying for the CCNA at college and just recently heard that this is to end soon :( I have been using the official CCNA book and online academy , can anyone recommend any other good books so I can get this passed?

Thanks in advance
    Leo

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+
  2. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

just quickly to add................were do I buy my exam voucher from for the ccna?
    thanks

3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Not aware of anything m8, nothing when Googled either - sure it's not just your college that's making changes ?

Books :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CCNA-Certif...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243251430&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CCNA-Exam-Cram-640-802-Que/dp/0789737124/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

No vouchers around I'm aware of tho' rumours from the instructor on my CommSupport course that there is supposed to be a "second shot" type thing available from Pearson Vue (can't seem to find it on their website tho') - you just buy the exam as normal on Pearson Vue, book the test centre and off you go.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

thanks for the reply i think the college has confused it with other exams that are retiring on that date :rolleyes:

college lecturer's :rolleyes:

5. MrShed

MrShed Bit Poster

The second shot thing is quite limited as far as I'm aware, in that it is only available for people whose certs have expired to retake... :cry:

Certifications: CCNA, ITIL Foundation, MCSA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP, MCSE
  6. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

there are 2 offers but it ends 20th july, there is the comeback2009 offer or those taken the ccna, voice security or wireless its specialize. this will get you a second shot free check out pearsonvue.com:D

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

^ Do you know if the re-take has to be taken by 20th July or the first exam has to be scheduled before then?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Details here : http://vue.com/cisco/comeback2009/

Doesn't seem to mention dates tho'

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

just got word back from Cisco,
    the 640-801 exam is retiring on the 31st july 2009 :(
    because the college has screwed up my CCNA course ( sems 1-3 were done in v 3.1 and sem 4 in exploration) theres no way i will be ready to sit this exam before time runs out :( two years basicly wasted as I will have to start from scratch again on the exploration course so i can sit the 640-802 exam

10. danielno8

11. danielno8

I plan on booking my exam next week so i will ask about this and try to get some more details.

12. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

yeah thats just the notice saying that course is on its way out, the last date the
    test can be sat is the 31st of july

13. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

The 640-801 was retired on Nov. 6, 2007
    The current CCNA exam is 640-802

The only exception that I know of is if you were enrolled in the Cisco Academy before the expiration took place, an extension was permitted to write the older material. Though, I don't have the details on that.