CCNA exam codes - selling

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ktuludays, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ktuludays

ktuludays New Member

Hi guys

I completed some residential courses earlier this year (ccna and ccna security) which included the exam cost.

I wasn't ready for my exams at the end of the course so the company issued me with two exam codes.

these are valid until next year but i have now taken another career path.

My question is can i sell these codes on here? perhaps this is one for a moderator to answer.

cheers

Rob

2. ktuludays

ktuludays New Member

80 views and no one has an opinion.

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

TBH I think it's kinda unfair to be selling something you got for free, you may also find that the training company have some kind of restriction on the exam code (ie issued to you personally).

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't sell it but there again, that's me.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. ktuludays

ktuludays New Member

they weren't free as the cost of the exams was added to the cost of the course so i had to pay for them upfront when i paid for the courses.

5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Why don't you take the exams anyway as they have been issued to you?

Otherwise, you really need to contact the company and see if you are allowed to sell them, as I am sure they will have been issued solely in your name and therefore cannot be transferred.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. ktuludays

ktuludays New Member

i have now decided not to pursue a career in IT for various reasons and i just thought that i could help someone out with some cheap vouchers for the exams.

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

TBH, it depends on the type of exam voucher that it is.

I believe Academic exam vouchers can only be used by academic students on the cisco courses.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security