CCNA certification kit question

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by jec69, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jec69

jec69 Bit Poster

Hello everyone

I just recieved the CCNA 640-802 certification kit by author Todd Lammle and William Tedder. When I was reading at the beginning of this book, it mention that you could take the one (640-802) test, or two seperate tests (640-822 & 640-816). I would like to take the two seperate tests, so my question is, is this the right book or study guide?

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: MCSE
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The book will cover (pretty much) everything you need to know for both exams, and if it's the same Lammle book as I have, then the ICND1 boils down to chapters 1-6 plus a little taster of pretty much everything else.
    Grab the CCENT and CCNA exam objectives from the cisco site and compare the two to see what you can miss out for the ICND1(AKA 822 or CCENT). For example, the ICND1 only really expects you to configure RIP when it comes to routing, and serial connections when it comes to WANs.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. jec69

jec69 Bit Poster

Okay good, and thanks soundian. BTW it's the CCNA certification kit 7th edition. It has the study guide, virtual lab, and review guide. Is that what you have ?

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: MCSE