CCNA Books: Where to go next?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Saphert, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Saphert

Saphert New Member

I very recently joined the forums and am getting along very nicely in my current book (CCNA 1 and 2 Companion Guide from Cisco Pres) and am wondering which book(s) to get next? My goal here is to self study and take the CCNA exam, and hopefully pass it on the first try.

Many thanks in advance.

WIP: CCNA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Are you hoping to just take the single exam or the two exam route?

Where you go next depends a lot upon where you feel you are with the current materials you are using and how much hands on you have.

3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

4. Saphert

Saphert New Member

I think I'm going to take the 2 test route, after much discussion with my bosses and based on my new obligations.

WIP: CCNA
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Sorry for cut and paste job

I ordered these from Amazon and so far i think they are awesome, enjoyed the video, in fairness a lot of it i knew but i learn a lot faster with visual info, to reinforforce the black and white (and yes the cisco books come with subnetting dvd which is handy)

* 1 of: CCNA Portable Command Guide (Self-Study Guide)
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    * 1 of: CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802)
    * 1 of: CCNA Video Mentor: (CCNA Exam 640-802) (Video Mentor)
    * 1 of: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCENT Exam 640-822 and CCNA Exam 640-802) (Exam Certification Guide)

Have so far read through the first book (ICND1) and am reading the portable guide on the bus (for portability reasons)

How are you doing practicals? Im going to purchase some hardware to play with, as at the moment there isnt any call to touch the cisco kit where i work unfortunately.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal