CCNA at London Metropolitan University

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by marcin_rys, Nov 24, 2008.

1. marcin_rys

marcin_rys Nibble Poster

Hi All

I’m thinking to take CCNA course at Londonmet.ac.uk.
    The price is:
    Part-time (EU) £1,885
    (Full course of 4 semesters)
    [Which is not ending with cert, is only preparing you for it, and after you have to takes exams on your own]
    http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/pgprospectus/courses/cisco-networking-academy-programme.cfm
    [I have some chances to get refund for the whole course, what will be nice:biggrin]

I know that is much cheaper to do at self-study (at the moment I doing MCSA then want to do MCSE). But in mean time I was thinking to do this CCNA at London met. The full course will take 4 semesters (2 years I understand).

I want ask if you have any experience with London Metropolitan University?

Regards,

Marcin

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I personally would only take a course if i felt that the materials I had werent sinking in or i felt they didnt work.

Why not buy the books and give self study a go?

Also I would concentrate on one exam at a time.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I think Classroom (or any instructor based training) is worth while, although if it were me, i would be investing in the kit first. Search for IRP70 on e-bay (can't get to e-bay in work, otherwise i'd give you some links. Recommended trader who has built up kits with the certs in mind. Even with a couple of books you are only looking at a few hundred quid.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT