Ccent

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Apexes, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys,

I'm looking at going down the cisco route soon, alongside stuying for my mcitp, so i thought i'd start of on the basics and start a CCENT

Has anyone passed this one recently, and did you use any specific study material? I'm not to sure where to start when it comes to studying for cisco, or what material is best to use.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I used Wendell Odom's ICND1 Official Certification guide. It also includes practice questions. That plus i bought a few switches and routers to play around on.

Good Luck!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I used Wendell Odom's book too. Also, I watched the CBT nuggets from front to back twice and kept on practising the practice questions that came with the book. They run on the Boson engine.
    There was also a free CCNA online course organised by CommSupport. I think Joe has an online course on the new site too.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I'll add another recommendation for the Cisco Press Official Exam Certification Guide. I should note that although the questions in the book run the Boson engine, the questions are not the same as what we sell on our site. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  5. wiedzmin

wiedzmin New Member

I used CCNA Preparation Library by Steve McQuery and found it much better for beginners with no experience in the field, it explains every single topic with plenty of real world examples. Also CBT Nuggets with Jeremy Cioara as instructor were very helpful aside from practicing via Packet Tracer or Cisco gears.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Thanks all :thumbleft

payday tomorrow and i'm back in england in 2 weeks, so i'll get those ordered up soon :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  7. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

I got my CCENT on 29th of April so recent. I have used as majority of us Wendell's book and couple of real routers and switches since using GNS is illegal with proper IOS... This exam covers basics so do not expect to many "advanced" questions - be prepared well within subnetting, that's was major component of my exam questions...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA