CCENT - Shipped

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by WelshyNet, Sep 19, 2008.

1. WelshyNet

WelshyNet New Member

Well after first taking the exam last January - and failing misserably - mainly down to the fact I hadn't revised jack and arguably didn't know how to subnet properly, I have finally passed the CCENT on my second attempt with a score of 851. 851 was down to a particul section being an extremely poor section with only 32% correct.

Was wondering if any of you had any inout on how long I should give myself before going for the ICND2?? I was thinking 4-6 weeks, that way I won't have lost all recollection of the 1st exams contents.

WelshyNet

Certifications: CCENT, HND Telecoms, HP SysAd 1&2 + LVM
    WIP: CCNA and onwards
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Different people require different lengths of time to swat up to a necessary level. If there isn't a particularly long waiting list for the exams overshoot the booking of the exam to make sure you're up to scratch.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. WelshyNet

WelshyNet New Member

I should specify thta it hasn't taken me 9 months to study for the CCENT. I canned the study until May and then my exam scheduled for July was canceled due to the testing site in Chester being closed down. I would say its taken me 3 months to study for this first exam.

4. Qs

After the first attempt, right?

I'd just use the information that you've just stated to work out when to book the exam for. I know for a lot of people booking an exam gives them an incentive to work faster or study more as they have something to aim for.

For me, I just want the certs and the proud feeling that goes with that... so there's my incentive - I book my exams when I feel that I am ready.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. WelshyNet

WelshyNet New Member

Thanks for your reply Qs

6. Qs

My pleasure :)

7. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Usually it makes sense to make 1 or 2 full run(s) through your revision material, depending on your current knowledge, then book an exam for 2 weeks from when you finish.

Then you can spend those 2 weeks doing any brushing up, practice exams, and generally building up to exam day.

The one thing I would say about this is make sure 2 days before the exam you are ready, if not reschedule, you have 24 hours before to rebook, so better to do two days before.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Start studying now, and study until you're ready. Take as long as it takes. Simple as that! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!