CBT Nuggets CCNA...

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Lefty, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Lefty

Lefty Bit Poster

Anyone had a go of that package? I have the audio and to be honest although not seeing some of the things he is doing it is a great revision package for those that have a lot of time to listen to MP3 players.

I currently have about 3 hours a day where I can listen so this has helped me go over some things that may come up in the exam that you mat have forgotton.

Anybody found any other good audio files that may be of use?

WIP: CCNA (Foundation Degree I.T)
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Trainsignal, they offer mp3s of all their files (well, current stuff at least, I can't say for sure on their older products).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Handy, I didn't know they did that. I can see my train journey getting more interesting now. Thanks

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

De nada

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

The CBT Nugget CCNA series are the best I have viewed.

Jeremy is a legend!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Usted leyenda

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Agreed, finding this very useful towards my CCNA course via the OU :) Learnt how to subnet very quickly! Was shocked to see most people still working it out! :o

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  8. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Learnkey
    Testout
    CBT Nuggets
    Trainsignal

The above are pretty good for CBT stuff! Pricey though...I was lucky enough to get an employer buy a few of them for me back in the day!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  9. TommyTee

TommyTee Byte Poster

Never used the audio files myself, I kinda need to see things to understand them especially as Jeremy (the instructor) scribbles stuff down always.

For the CCNA I was able to try CBT nuggets and (borrowed from a colleague) Train-signal. Both instructors are good and I think it comes down to personal preference.

I found CBT's Jeremy a fun teacher and gives you an excellent foundation. And Chris Bryant again is good but with trainsignal it's as if it's trying to be a substitute for a 800 page book so I found them a little too much of an information overload. If I was to picture both of them I would say Jeremy is the IT guy with the hawaiian shirt and shorts and an ipod on and chris is the guy with the dark suit in a IBM corporate type environment, hehe.

I think some people may not like jeremy's tangents and relaxed approach but I think his videos lay the foundations of the topics and get you interested and combined with a decent textbook to get into the nitty gritty it works well.

10. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Opps... breaks TOS

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. If their licensing is the same as most others in the industry, access to their videos is sold using a nontransferrable, single-user licence. It can't legally be sold, traded, borrowed, or even given away.

Before anyone gets mad at Trainsignal, just about EVERY legitimate CBT product and practice exam is sold with the same licensing restrictions.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Which can be a tad bit a PITA if you no longer need the software. Learnkey were the same, I purchased some Exchange 2003 training material from them a few years ago (well their supplier here in the UK). After I had finished with them I tried to sell them on ebay, they lasted all of an hour before I was emailed and told that the software had been removed due to legal issues.

13. BosonMichael

If it's worth using, it's worth buying, whether or not you continue to get benefits from it. That said, you DO continue to get benefits from it: if you get certified, then you keep getting the benefits of having used the software.

Plus, you CAN continue to use the software even after you're certified. Just because you already know the material doesn't mean you can't use it. You might just need the refresher training to get up to speed.

As well it should. If everyone resold their educational software on eBay, we'd either all go out of business, or the quality would severely suffer (as unqualified people attempt to teach you this stuff). Who would you buy from then?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. TommyTee

TommyTee Byte Poster

Oh dear, oops. I guess it didn't even enter my head that it was against the TOS. I suppose lending DVD's to friends is against the law also except it's just one of those laws that nobody pays much attention to.

15. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Not sure because you can rent dvds ie films and games from third parties. However, most training companies specifically state you cant in there TOS. BosonMichael pointed this out to me awhile back.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  16. BosonMichael

I don't know for certain, but I don't believe that lending DVDs (or music CDs, or most books) is against the terms of the copyright granted by the IP owner. So it's a different animal entirely. That said, if an IP owner decided to restrict that (provided it was restricted at the time of sale), it is entirely within their rights to do so. But they aren't likely to do so, because their competitors haven't.

17. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Then the same should be said of reselling educational books!! damn, best get that law suit into Amazon for selling second hand educational books right now Michael.

18. BosonMichael

Some educational books ARE restricted... for example, the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) books cannot be resold, and Microsoft does enforce that copyright restriction. But Microsoft Press books can be resold... or, if Microsoft legally doesn't allow it, they are not actively pursuing those who do it.

For the record, I can't start a law suit on behalf of any publisher - only the IP Owner can do so. I don't own the Intellectual Property for any books, including my own Vista book.