CBT Nuggets any good?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Angry Dog, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Angry Dog

Angry Dog Nibble Poster

Hi,

I have access to CBT Nuggets through my work. Are they any good for helping with doing the A+?

Thanks.

Certifications: IT NVQ level 2/3
    WIP: MCDST, A+, N+
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have personally never used the CBT Nuggets content... however if you have got access to them through work then it cannot do any harm

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I've always found them very helpful, and a good alternative to reading a book or lab work. You can just sit back and relax, and hopefully take it all in! I usually read the book or books cover to cover, doing some lab along the way, and then hit the videos before taking a few mock tests.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I havent studied the A+ but can vouch for CBT Nuggets in areas like Security+. If work has paid, great, take full advantage. If work didnt pay I shop around for a deal because there are a few CBT makers out there offering quality training. Rather than me bore you use the search on this site as we have discussed most ofthem on a cert by cert basis. Cheers, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

They are very thorough, but expensive. We had access to them at work, but I opted for the Free Professer Messer Videos for both my A+ and Network+ in the end.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  6. Angry Dog

Angry Dog Nibble Poster

Thanks for your replies. I'll have a start on the A+ one and then look at taking a mock exam. I have the older exam book to look through if needed as well.

Certifications: IT NVQ level 2/3
    WIP: MCDST, A+, N+
  7. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Just to echo, CBT are really good. One of my favourites. The only drawback - for self-studyers at least - is the price. So if work are paying use these as much as you can. Their Windows server series is good too.

Only warning is that for a lot of people - I would say 80% or more - passive learning ALONE doesn't tend to stick. You need to activate it somehow. In my opinion, the best way to do this is to try out stuff as you learn.
    Do you have access to hardware to try stuff out on?

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?