CBT Nuggets and exam cram

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by dales, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Proberbly pre exam jitters, (havnt done one since my A+ back in 2003) but does the cbt nugget and exam cram books cover most of the things you need to know for 271, I have been reading and watching the things for a long time, but recently have done a Ms skills assessment for end user support and got a miserable 70% on the MS website.

The test had a few questions about incidents and problems and the only reason I had a vague idea about that was work sent me on an ITIL overview course yesturday (power point death, Plus no free tea or biscuits :( ). does the 271 exam actually cover things like that or is it just the tech side of things it covers?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Dale did they cover SP2 extensively? If not you will have a few problems - i think look for more information maybe from another book or from Technet on the MS Site.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes they did, im fine on the techie questions but slightly worried they will throw in a few ITIL style questions as well.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Dale,

I would advise the best thing for 271 preparation is to use XP Pro (with SP2) and the Office suite as much as you can.

Good luck with the exam.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. karl_lankford

karl_lankford Byte Poster

i'd say they were better than the MS press books.

Certifications: CISSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSE Upgrade
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

You seem to be slamming MS Press books a bit.. i got all my MS exams using MS Press books as a core source of info - supplmenting it with reference books and in some cases a 2nd guide from sybex.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. MS Press and Sybex are the way to go. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

I would use CBT Nuggets as supplmentary material. When I was studying for my 70-270, I wouldn't of passed if I'd just used the nuggets, as they don't explain everything you need to know to pass the exams.

MSPress and Sybex give you the knowledge as well as going through how to do the practical side.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685