career path

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by SOL, Sep 2, 2007.

1. SOL

SOL New Member

can any one in the industry tell me where to start from i want to get into this sector.. i have a bsc in computing from my country nigeria... i like networking cos my project in school was in network security... thanks

Certifications: Bsc. computer science
    WIP: none
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You maybe want to do the CompTIA A+, Networks+ then security+

Good luck with your studies. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

You could start by applying for first line help desk support, in other words an entry level IT job to get the experience.

GBL recommended to get certified which is a great way to stand out from others who are not certified. The A+ and Network+ are great certifications to have when you are starting out.

Obtaining the two certs can be done through self study, you don't need to sign up at a local college or other training providers. Self study will also cost you a lot of less money and less headache.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA