Career packs: Second Shot + discount!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by gosh1976, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Microsoft is offering cert packs with discounts and free second shot vouchers. Or you can buy one voucher and pay 15% extra and get a second shot.

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/.../08/19/career-packs-second-shot-discount.aspx

you have to sit all the exams in the pack by 6/30/2011

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  2. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

i would like to buy the 5-exam pack

will they be valid for mcdst and mcsa?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

It says they are valid for all Microsoft Certification exams with a prefix of '070' or 'MB-X'.

4. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Typical, have just sat my first MS exam today! :( lol

How long does this offers tend to last? I'm going to start studying for the Security+ now but then intend on getting the MCSA by doing 290 & 291. Probably going to take me 4 or so weeks to get the Security+; is the offer likely to still be around say 8 weeks from now as you need to book the exam don't you?

Or could I get the voucher for the 2 exams now, and not 'cash' it in until I'm ready to sit the 290 (in a few months time).

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  5. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Screw it; I've registered for the 2 exam pack and will keep my fingers crossed they still apply. Just got to get Sec+ out the way now and then crack on with 290. Fun!

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I don't know for sure but from past experience with the last second shot offer you should be fine as long as you sit the exams in enough time to complete the second try if needed by 6/30/2011. I didn't even pre-book the last second shot exam I took I just walked into the testing center with my voucher and signed up to take exam right then. Of course that was a different offer so experiences may be different this go round.

7. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Might get a 2 pack voucher deal as I fancy doing SQL administration and possibly SMS or MOM

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  8. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Interesting... Saw the MCP flash mail yesterday.
    Will have to forward it to my employer :-)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the info. I think I'll be getting the 3 pack. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing as I have just registered for the two code voucher:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. tony.platts

tony.platts Bit Poster

Can I just ask, why aren't people automatically taking the 5 exam deal?

Firstly, the discount is bigger. Secondly, there doesn't seem to be any issue if you only use 2 out of the 5. It just strikes me that you never know if there's a new product or qualification comes out which you may want to take.

Update : Nevermind. The offer I received wasn't very clear but if you buy the exam pack you have to pay for all 5 upfront and whilst I do plan to take 5 exams in the next year I can only ever afford to pay for one at a time.

I think there are better deals out there.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  12. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

You also only have until June next year to do all 5 exams which is a lot.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011