Career Jobs UK

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Chick_123, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Chick_123

Chick_123 New Member

I was wondering there has been a lot of information on here talking about this company Career Jobs UK, but has any one completed this training course and got a job at the end of it, as when people sing up with them they say that they can promise people will get a job at the end of it, this is also what i was told.

In August 2011 i applied for a job with this company, to find out many months later that is was a scam, and thats by coming on this forum.

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, the first thing you need to do is to search the forum - there are plenty of posts here about this TP.
    The other thing you need to do is consider your statement that you discovered that it was a scam because of this forum. The posts on this forum are by individuals simply stating their opinions. As a student of career jobs, surely you must have an opinion of your own.
    If they provided you with a good service then I wouldn't worry about what gets posted here. Likewise, if they have provided a terrible service, I wouldn't expect you to find out about it here.

So what are your experiences of the company?
    Only by sharing can we learn...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Chick_123

Chick_123 New Member

Very bad exprinces with this company, they say to people all kinds of stuff about there serivces with the pay anonther company for, they miss sell the information, they are rude, they dont really to emails that they people send them. Its a very long story. Have u heard of this conpany

4. Chick_123

Chick_123 New Member

change the word i used to miss lead

5. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

I have - they were very rude when I cancelled the "interview". There are a couple of threads on this forum about them already. Also, there are other companies who employ the same tactics (Job Source UK being one of them) to be wary of.

Most training providers are really middle men between course providers (like SkillSoft, who only sell their products to businesses) and the consumer. However, Career Jobs UK add a further link in this chain by using material provided from another training provider (I think it's Mind Leaders - the other threads have more details) and - more questionable - if you fail an exam they get you to use "brain dumps" to pass. This is not recommended because if the certifying body find out (i.e. CompTIA, Microsoft) then you will be disqualified from the exam, any future exam and any exams you've already passed (whether legitimately or not) will be discounted. This is very unfair on the candidates who were told to use this method and didn't know it was wrong.

I don't know the best way forward for you now I'm afraid - sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most likely you've lost the money you've paid so far, and cancelling the card used to debit their payments could result with more problems including breach of contract, your credit rating and possible threat of payment via the courts. This is because, even though their sales tactics are highly questionable and very misleading, under the eyes of the law it is legal. The only comeback you have as a consumer is the laws regarding the Distant Selling Regulations, where the company must stipulate a cooling off period by law (I doubt they do) especially as most of the time they call you to enact the sale and not vica-versa. Try speaking to the people at your local Citizens Advice Bureau and see what they say, they'll possibly know more about the DSR rules and also laws regarding cold-calling.

I think I've mentioned it before, but if the CAB can't help much, BBC's Watchdog may be beneficial. Even if you can't get help from them, it will help their viewers will be wise to their tactics so they won't fall for the same tricks (which most people would fall for - the tactics are designed to hook you in by using what I'll call the want-and-need psychology which tricks your brain into thinking what they offer is a good thing - the promise of a good job for example)

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

6. Chick_123

Chick_123 New Member

Hello, i understand what you are saying, career jobs uk get there course from mindleader, i spoke to mindleaders and they said that career jobs uk are meant to tell the people that the courses that they ate jusibg is from mindleaders. But mindleaders said that company selling then can do what they wont with the courses.

I have been in contact with the CAB, and they are very helpfull, the CAB also check the company out, the CAB told me because of what this company have done, i should cancell my card and report the company to the trading standers. I wasnt even told that i would have 7 days to cancel i didnt find this out until it was to late :(

7. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

I would go with the advice from the CAB - sorry to hear what has happened though.

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There are a few things you need to think about when fighting this - if that is what you end up doing.

1. Being rude or a little bit rubbish isn't a crime.
    2. Due diligence. Did you do your homework? Again, being more expensive that the competition or not offering as much in terms of goods and services isn't a crime either.
    3. Simply not wanting something any more doesn't give you the right to cancel. If you entered into a contract because of something you were due to get at the end (such as a job) and then didn't follow the course objectives or requirements, then that's your lookout.
    4. While braindumping etc may be morally questionable and may indeed break some laws in terms of copyright, it's probably not something that CAB or trading standards will be interested in. If you bought the course on the basis that they promised you would pass the exams and then provided the tools for you to do so...

Some things that may work in your favour:

Mis-selling. Were you told anything at the point of sale or as part of advertising that encouraged you to sign up which then turned out to be untrue?

Due care. Is the service that you have paid for provided with due care and attention?

Contracts. Is the contract legal? Have they put any unfair terms in there or failed to meet legal requirements such as distance selling regulations etc.

Quite often your best bet is to document a company's failings and tell them quite clearly why you aren't happy.
    Make a couple of threats along the lines of telling the exam vendor about their use of braindumps etc and then give them 7 days to sort things out or you will take them to small claims court.

Providing you have your facts in order then they may well decide that they have more to lose than you do and not bother fighting the fight.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD