Career Jobs Uk

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jensmiff92, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jensmiff92

jensmiff92 New Member

After being made redundant and having a flat i was desperate for a job when i received a phone-call interview from this ridiculous company and surprisingly got accepted. I stupidly gave them my card details for what i was told was a one of payment of £79.. yeah right!!

2 months after joining and trying to cancel they are still taking my payments every 29th despite numerous emails saying i do NOT give them permission to take funds from my account.

The girl Faye - the senior consultant is extremely rude. She does not listen and is not interested in my situation at all. Now thanks to her i am in my overdraft!

I have contacted the police,watchdog,sunday judge, trading standards and the bank and will not give up.

As they work on Automated Payments - which you can cancel since u need to authorize them first, i cannot cancel my card or block them and they appear as Direct Junction Limited - not CJUK.

Another thing, do not ask for the manager - there isnt even one!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Sorry t hear that Jen, although you need to be more careful in future, which is easy to say now as you know. One thing you could of done is reported your card as lost or stolen, as the details would be changed forever, you'd be issued with all new details and then the company wouldn't be able to take this money out no matter what they were called, least i think im right.

There are other posts in this forum of other companies that take the mickey.

Anyway after all that, welcome to certforums

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. AViljoen

AViljoen New Member

I phoned my bank and blocked my card, they issued me with a new card with a new security code on the back, now CJUK or Direct Junction cannot take any money as they have incorrect details for me :)

I have also reported them to the trading standards

I fell sucker the same way as you Jensmiff but only made 1 payment, which according to the trading standards, I will get refunded, we going through the correct channels first, then if CJUK refuse, then Trading standards will take action.

Apparently the banks and CAB are very aware of this.

I will let you know my outcome

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  5. jensmiff92

jensmiff92 New Member

Thank you - much appreciated!! My cards through to the fraud depart at the bank just now because my bank claimed there was nothing they could do. That company is rediculous!

What did u say to trading standards? They basically said unless I have a contract or they've breached their t&c I'm pretty screwed.. :(

6. jensmiff92

jensmiff92 New Member

Thank you for your replies, appreciated :-)

7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Rip your card up and get a new one, **** the company off big time.

Any mods reading this thread, before i log in i can see my posts and it looks as if ive posted links to ads, but i havent, just thought id let you know

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    jensmiff92 likes this.