Career Jobs UK - Direct Junction Ltd

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by alex80, Aug 8, 2011.

1. alex80

alex80 New Member

Hello all,

Looks like these have got me aswell.

Really wish Id have done my homework on these morons better in May! Thats when I signed up with them. So £237 later and here I am.

I just need some advice please on the best way to get out of this, these suckers caught me at a bad time.
    The t'c & c's I was e-mailed only have info on regarding cancelling within 7 days, nothing about cancelling after. Can I use this to get out??

I have cancelled my standing order/direct debit with them (not due for another 3 weeks, just paid them - arrgghhh), I did make the first payment with my credit card so should I inform the bank about this.

I just dont want my credit rating affected - can they do this??

Also, at the time of "interview" I was told there would be some live labs to work on in order to practice, but have been since told by a Faye Adcock that this only comes at the end, after completing all exams (which have now been retired by microsoft).

Many thanks :o)

2. benjaminjohn22

benjaminjohn22 New Member

I am still signed up with careerjobuk, have paid them a similar amount thus far and am not sure what to do. Parts of it seem legitimate enough but other aspects make me suspicious. Should i definitely stop paying them? there are certainly a few scam posts about them on the web but i think a few are perhaps early assumptions. They definitely dont seem worth the money but in all fairness other providers seem more expensive ad i wouldnt of thought they provide much more than resources for your particular qualifications. Properly feel as though my trust has been taken advantage of as if everything they had said was true then none of this would be a problem. what would you (or anyone else) recommend??

In regard to your question there are some providers that Microsoft recommend, have a look on the microsoft website in the learning section or chat to an adviser.

3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

This post has been moved to the T & D forum.

The New Members Introduction is for just that.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. alex80

alex80 New Member

Benjaminjohn22 - they seem legit, they do actually provide the access to the training, its not a total con. Its just a load of tosh.
    The training is out of date (for the MCITP database admin all the exams have been retired by microsoft at the end of June).

I too thought they seemed more reasonable than other training providers i.e. Joskos etc.

But have since found that you can actually study for this at around half the cost. Also the IT Fundamentals section of CJUK you can actually study and learn it for free on line.

I am uncertain what I can do - After reading all about them.

I have been advised to go to the police, what can they do tho. I also spoke with my bank about chargeback but as CJUK sneakily set up my payments as a standing order & not direct debit so there is nothing they can do. They wont refund the money. So have to kiss that cash goodbye.

I must admit, It didnt feel right at the time, I even hesitated making the initial payment. Should have went with my gut feeling, but you live and learn I guess.

I dont know how to approach them to try and cancel.

Thanks

5. alex80

alex80 New Member

So I e-mailed these the other day asking why they had sold me a course that was due to be out of date......... still waiting on a reply........ gonna be a long process but i'm gonna do what I can to get my money back of these dick turpins

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Oooooh! Not 'employment and jobs'?

What are you trying to say AJ?

Don't want any trouble...

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. rubyred

rubyred New Member

Hey Guys,

I've been duped by these people too- I tried to block and cancel the credit card i signed up with but I was told by the credit card company that the balance had to be zero before I could do close the account but they could block the card. I just got back to my parents house after a long period of time away (this is where the correspondence for my credit card is sent) and found out that my account is in arrears again. Called them up and I owe them a further £240 because of CJUK! Basically literally the day my account was cleared CJUK took out TWO payments and my account has been acquiring charges since then! I've paid it off again now with the promise that my card WILL be blocked this time so they cannot take any more money out. I'm so angry about this- I haven't had any direct correspondence from CJUK over my account being in arrears so I assumed after all my angry emails and letters and refusing to pay my credit card off so they couldnt get more money that they had given up but the minute I pay off the card they're back in there!

I would really really appreciate it if I could get some advice on how to tackle this whole mess- Its really interesting that their training is now out of date, I may use that one against them when I build up enough ammunition again! I really cannot afford to keep these leeches in business any longer!

Help!

8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Firstly, you need to review the T&Cs of what you've signed up for. Somewhere along the line you've agreed to pay for something so you need to be clear on that. CAB may be able to help you there.

Secondly, if you state that there has been no other contact with you ant them, you need to check that out too. If you are paying them, you are entitled to some kind of service in return. You need to make sure that you aren't in the wrong here - they may specify that you need to log into a website or register or do something else prior to getting any service. If you haven't done these things, you may be on weak ground.

If there aren't any catches like that, you need to write to them first and foremost and explain that you are not satisfied with the service that you are paying for. Tell them they have seven days to resolve the issue, otherwise you will be seeking a refund. Then see what they do.

Send the letter recorded delivery, fax it and email it. Keep records of everything. If they ignore you, you have a case against them as not providing a reasonable service. If they fob you off with anything else, it all adds up for ammunition.

Generally speaking, there are a few truths to this kind of thing:

1. If you simple refuse to pay any further installments, they will bully and threaten you a bit, but are unlikely to pursue you for the remaining amount. You won't get back what you paid already though.

2. The best way to really p1ss them off is to take full advantage of the service they promised to provide. If they offer course material, make sure you get it. If they offer career advice, make sure you get it. If they offer an exam pass guarantee, make sure you fail a few times. They make their money from people who pay them quietly for a service they don't receive. Actually having to provide one will have them begging to get rid of you.

10. rubyred

rubyred New Member

I've emailed the CAB but as of yet have heard nothing back- I work full time and work late quite a lot so finding the time to actually go down to speak to someone is difficult!

It was a training course I was signed up for but after doing a couple of the lessons I realised how **** it was and haven't tried to use it since as I thought if i did they could track that and use it against me ie "you say you don't want it and yet you keep using it". I also get the feeling even if i say i've been paying and getting nothing in return they'll say "thats your problem, you've had access to it if you wanted it". I'm just trying to think of every possible outcome so I have some method of attack whatever they come out with.

I know I won't get back the money i've already paid and its got to the point where I don't even care about it, I just want to be able to stop paying more! I've sent emails and then printed the whole threads and sent them with a letter to the guy who's meant to be running the place- the name of whom I got by calling them persistently until someone answered the phone (I lucked out- the guy who answered sounded a bit young and nervous and he admitted they do allow people to cancel but only "rarely").

I may also complain to my credit card company as they were meant to have blocked them months ago which they havent and i've ended up even more out of pocket- the annoying thing is I didn't write down the name of whoever had promised me they'd take care of it so that might make it a bit more difficult...

So so frustrating, Thank you for all the help guys keep it coming!

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Always going to be your problem...

12. rubyred

rubyred New Member

fair point...

13. Chick_123

Chick_123 New Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011