Can't access MCP site?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Mikeyboy, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,

Recently achieved my 70-270, obviously pleased about this, anyway I want to get onto the MCP site - I had an email giving me my MCP ID, saying another email will follow shortly with your log in code... This still hasn't arrived, so I went to the site, put in my MCP ID and did the reset access code thing, so it sent me an access code - I copy & pasted this into the site, and it came up with a big error message saying cannot authenticate user, or something along those lines! Just tried to recreate the error and the site won't even load now... Anyone got any ideas??

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Mmmm... contact Microsoft at [email protected]?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

try typing not C&P

then see if you get error

4. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

I had a similar problem when I passed my first MCP. I phoned them up and they tried to help, but after a while they asked me to send an email. Eventually they got it sorted, but it did take a little while, and a few reminder emails.

Stu

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  5. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Well I rang the MCP number (0800 917 0758, if anyone needs it in future) and a helpful chap named Vladimir or something sorted me out, so I'm in, and ordered my Welcome Kit and Certificate :) thanks for your help guys

6. paradoxni

paradoxni Nibble Poster

Just had the same problem, wish id read this first and I wouldnt have done the reset code thing..

I got my ID via email but not my temp access code, so I clicked to reset it and now im getting this error when I try to migrate my live ID and MCP account

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT
    WIP: Server+
  7. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Yep that's the same message I had, or something similar anyway!

Another question which someone may know the answer to, once you have associated your MCP with your Windows Live Id, is it possible to change the passport/email it's associated with? I may need to change email addresses, and when I've tried changing the email in the MCP site, it just tells me there's an error sending, or something...