Can we get

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Apr 8, 2010.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hey gents and ladies.

Can we get a special offer sticky going on, so we have a one stop place where we can all post the special offers for MS exams and so on. After *forgotnames* post with the free 680 exam, it made me think as we are all in the same boat, we may as well get cheaper and free stuff that relevant.

Can put the Beta exam news and all that nonsense.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Suggest also having it private so people would have to register and post a certain amount of posts before being able to use the resource.:biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

like premuim members only?

4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Dude if you want to make the thread then I will pin it for you. If you put it into the Premium members forum then only those in green/yellow can get to it.

In the T & D forum everyomne can see it but new member will not be able to post on it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. westernkings

So it's a flip between T&D and Premium Members Sections; on one half we can get everyone's discoveries but then again, every Tom, Dick and Mohammed can see it. On the other hand, we have less people able to provide stuff, but less members able to abuse it.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

So, you want to post a resource of the special offers TP's/examiners provide, but you are snobbish enough that you only want 'elites' to have access to it? That says it all really, doesnt it.

I thought we were here to help everyone, not just those who pay to support the site, or those who are regular posters.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I think I posted without thinking this out properly. Fergal is right and quite within his right to pull us up on this, thanks mate. :thumbleft

A resource such as this should be available to all members and lurkers alike. However I can see a case where non-members of the forums or people who have not logged will be unable to see the thread. I'll have a look at the forum software and see what I can come up with.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

How is a person with a postcount of 50 'elite' ? I was simply suggesting a method to grow the forum userbase with relevant people and be able to educate at the same time. If somebody has to post 50 times for a free exam, they will read through the forum, see people's views and discuss. All of that will help everybody, and give a bonus to the people who get involved.

In all honesty though, if it's free, and it's on certforums.. I'm sure there's plenty of other places which will have the information anyway.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  9. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Or....

we'll see a whole collection of pointless post padding "I agree" and "welcome" messages on elderly threads. At least thats been my previous experience of forums which have insisted on a certain post count to access anything.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  10. westernkings

You say that. But that free 680 Exam offer ran out TODAY, I know because I was the last person to get a voucher. (My colleague finished 20 seconds after me and there were none left.) that had been running for XYZ long, no idea just how long. But obviously, 500 seems to have taken considerable time to be used, which could mean that it was simply not that well known?