Can someone explain to me what's the difference between CCNA Collab and Voice? And is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Voice' started by Jon L, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jon L

Jon L New Member

I'm a Avaya voice guy and want to get a CCNA Voice cert or whatever it's called now. But I know next year the test for voice cert is going to change. My goal is to get familiar with Call Manager and be familiar with the Cisco Voice ecosystem. I did earn my CCNA but it doesn't seem to impress employers as they require hands on experience with Call Manager. I'd appreciate any guidance, thank you.

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is Cisco the direction you want to go in? I see most phone systems being ripped out and hosted voice being a strong option for many companies. I used to work with the Cisco UC range for years but only have a couple to support now.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Jon L

Jon L New Member

Well I'm in the market for a new job and having trouble finding Avaya positions. Most of the open open positions are Cisco UC so I figured to pursue what ever is in demand. And I'm glad you mentioned hosted voice. What is the Cisco cloud solution called or should I just go with Amazon AWS Connect?

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    Jon L likes this.