Can I just say...

Discussion in 'A+' started by Shred_teh_blooz, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Shred_teh_blooz

Shred_teh_blooz Bit Poster

...and I truly mean this.. what a nice group of intelligent people you lot are?

Seriously, everyone is so helpful. I barely come here apart from when I get stuck with something and then I can always find a thread with my answer. But also, it's always the same guys that contribute and help people along and I think it's pretty amazing that you take the time out to push people in the right direction.

Well done and congrats on a fantastic forum! :biggrin

Certifications: 100 metres swimming badge
    WIP: A+/N+
  2. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster

I totally agree i have only been a member here for about a month, but i have learnt so much. Everyone has been really helpful and supportive.

3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Get Knotted! :mad:mad:mad

Sorry, I couldnt resist. :biggrin Truthfully, I'm sure the whole of CF appreciates your feedback. As always, its much more common to hear negative feedback than it is to hear positive. So hearing positive is always a boost.

Since you like the community, I would encourage you to stick around and 'pay it forward'. You may not think you know enough yet, but you may be surprised by how much you can contribute towards a solution, even by offering common sense advice.

Its always easier to pick things up by trying to help discover the solution to someone elses problem. So doing so will also help you out.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Or you could just do what I do... hang around scaring the hell out of everybody and posting virtually dang all about IT. Mainly. :rolleyes:

It is a great place to be, isn't it :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Ha ha ... I have to say too ...im now self study all the way so beware of the posts coming up "wizard whats a USB " .... LOL

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

It's nice to see that people appreciate the forums :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. misanthrope

misanthrope Bit Poster

usually there is an element of intrepidation posting on an unfamiliar forum in case you get flamed for ignorance, not reading the rules or failing to use the search facility. in my short time here i have not come across any elitism, only erudite ppl who are generous enough to help those of us still trying to get a foot-hold.

8. Arroryn

Psst... try not to use long words like 'erudite' - it scares a lot of the boys :)

*Arro, preparing to don a flame retardent suit :twisted:

9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

*whoosh* (it's the noise a flame-thrower makes)

*Arroryn burns...*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Exactly right. :) Stick around!

Thanks for the props!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

:mad Who could be negative about this forum!! In its first day alone it saved me £6,000!!

I love it!

Well done CF and to all that sail in her!

P.S. Don't know which members would have access to this but CF is lacking an iPhone Web-Clips Icon, I read alot of this forum on my pocey iPhone but the shortcut icon on my home screen is lame (This is my ONLY complaint:D!!)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  12. Fergal1982

There are always people so. Unfortunately its a fact of life that we cant please everyone. You have to remember too that unhappy people are more vocal than those who arent.

Overall though, so long as we're of help to some of the people, some of the time, then its all good.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  13. Shred_teh_blooz

I'll try! Actually, if anyone has any guitar-related questions I'll be more than happy to answer those as a trade off :biggrin

Thanks again

14. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

How can I become a rock god in 30 minutes a day ? :biggrin

15. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't you mean £3k, didn't you read the rules of the forum? For any amount saved you have to donate 50%. For ease of money transfer, here's my bank details... :tune:lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  16. Shred_teh_blooz

Easy! Go to Argos, pick up one of those Fender Squier packages with the amp. Learn all your open chords and practice some chromatic scales (way easier than it sounds!) Seriously, you can be playing half-recognisable tunes within a week :rocks

Hell, Oasis only know about 7-8 chords and they're multi-millionaires!

17. Fergal1982

Theres always Guitar Hero. Feel like a rock god with little to no ability to actually play.

18. Arroryn

And Guitar Hero is much cheaper than Computeach... be a Network Admin, without actually having the ability to administrate a server...

19. Fergal1982

zing!

20. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Sorry Ken, didn't know that. I've transferred the money over now :blink

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +