Can anyone recommend any good study books?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Big_nath, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,
    I am currently studying for the 290 exam, i have the MS press book and the examcram book, which are both ok. I have noticed however that some questions don't seem to be cover too well in these books. I read Zimbo's thread here Where he said he uses the Microsoft server 2003 inside out book too. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any better books or is the best choice.

Once i have completed the 290 i will start studying for the 291 and after that more exams to get the MCSE. So i want the book to help me with the 290 but also to help me through the rest of the exams (as well as using the relevant MS press books).

Thanks
    Nathan

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Have a look at the Mike Meyers' Passport Series of books. I used one for my 291 and 293, they are a good read after the MS Press book, a condensed version of the subject.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I liked the CBT Nuggets, they have really helped me with all my exams.

You can find linkies to my Study Guides in my signature, hope they help.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5