Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'A+' started by nickarmstrong07, Nov 25, 2008.

1. nickarmstrong07

nickarmstrong07 New Member

Hey everyone, ive just joined the forum. Basically I started studying for my A+ certification about six months ago through a local learning centre (2 hours per week in a classroom and access to online content) but recently the instructor has left and im stuck!

Im scouring the internet to try and get studying again but there are soooo many companies offering different options and dont know where to turn. I got my money back from the course which was cancelled so im willing to shed a bit out again but wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. Ideally I want something with video tutorials, practice questions etc etc. Im just dying to get started again ASAP, any help/recommendations would be much appreciated

Nick:(

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Nick. We have a number of threads that may hold the answers to your questions relative to the A+ and studying for certifications in general:

A+ Books and Resources

A Guide to Self-Study

What is a Training Provider

Start out with those, then come back here, see more responses and let us know what you think.

Cheers.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate, answered on your previous thread here :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

For future reference, please refrain from posting the exact same question in two separate threads. Just post it in one place. Believe me, you'll get answers. Thanks.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

What chapter did you reach out of the 16 chapters?If you have reached chapter 10 it's just more of the same in chapters 11/12/13/14/15 and 16.
    networking becomes advanced networking
    printers becomes advanced printers etc..
    If i had reached chapter 10 i'd just look for a book as it's not worth paying money out to do those last 6 chapters.

You appear to have done 48 hours already so i'd count that as half way through.College was 100 hours for me.But we had completed it in around 80 to 90 hours.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  6. nickarmstrong07

nickarmstrong07 New Member

Yeah I got up to about half way through the fundamentals of networking chapter. Ive taken some recommendations of books and purchased them on amazon now as ive decided to go down the self study route and see how I get on. Cant wait to get learning again!