Calling all TechNet Subscribers

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by DJ Prem, Feb 5, 2007.

1. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

I'm thinking on getting TechNet Online the main reason behind this is that I need software for testing and use, I would like to know what software is available will it be everything like server software including ISA, Windows Server 2003, Exchange etc, office suite and desktop OS'es or is it only certain things?

I know that the software is evaluation but its full version and I can use it as long as I subscribe.

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You might want to check out the Microsoft *Action Pack* and see if you are eligible for that. The Action Pack does contain full versions of all the software you mentioned, with a reasonably priced annual subscription. I am not sure what you get with a TechNet subscription :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

With Technet you get pretty much the same software that you get in the action pack, except that you also get loads of updates and patches (not sure if you get this with the ap).

I agree with Pete though, if you have the choice go for the AP. I have Technet only as I'm a volume licence customer and it is included un the price.

8)

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I guess it would depend on whether TechNet includes a full version or an upgrade version of Vista, as the AP only includes an upgrade version.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

AP is for business from what I understand, I'm a technical person so this is for me and having contacted some others it turn out that it includes everything + the upgrades and patches are good place as I'm a more technical person. :D Now to sort some finances. :p

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Agreed, my point being that the OP should do his own research on the two and see which one best suits his needs.

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

How do the prices compare?

8. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

Who can subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack?
    The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is available exclusively to consultants, value-added resellers, value-added providers, system integrators, developers, system builders, hosts and service providers who are enroled as Microsoft Partner Programme Registered Members and who distribute or influence their customers’ acquisition of Microsoft software and Microsoft-based solutions. Learn more about becoming a Registered Member. If you have questions about whether or not you are eligible for the Microsoft Action Pack Subscription, please contact your local Regional Service Centre.
    I've not compared them as I don't see the point with Action Pack as I'm not one of the people so TechNet is the best for me.