Calling all IT Managers

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by TimoftheC, Jan 8, 2008.

1. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Guys, I recently passed the Network+ exam and now want to move on to the next stage in my plan for world domination, I mean, following a career in IT.

My plan is to approach a number of the larger organisations in my city that have an IT commitment and offer to work for them on a voluntary basis, when I can, in order to get any sort of commercial IT experience - Hospitals, Universities, colleges, council etc.

I have drafted a covering letter to my CV to this effect and a number of my work colleagues say it's fine, however, what I could really do with is the input from an IT Manager or someone who has similar responsibilities. If there any such people on the forums (and I'm sure there are one or two) that would be willing to give my letter the once over and give me some feedback on it I would be most grateful. Basically, what I am looking for is if the letter appeared on your desk would you read it and if so, would it interest you enough to consider taking someone like me on?

If there's anyone out there willing to help me out with this please just pm me and I will get a copy of the letter to you.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Tim, do you have any commercial IT experience?

I'd be willing to take a look at it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!