Call of duty

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Nov 10, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well the wait is over and its finally here and to be honest im not impressed. I had a few games on it last night in multiplayer mode online and i dont think its anywhere as smooth, or as playable as MW2 or MW1 for that reason. The games released by activision, who i think released world at war, which was also rubbish, but i must admit that black ops is better than that. Ive also looked at who did all the work on world at war, even though it wasnt made a big thing, like on black ops, and its treyarch, so wish id of known that before i bought it, id of not bothered.

Is gaming atr a point now where games dont suprise me any more, or am i just getting old, i understand it with music, but every now and then theres a song that comes along and gets me happy again, like examples kickstart. And when i first played MW1, then MW2, i was chuffed because the gamplay was what i liked it to be, it was fresh and fast etc.

Im glad i didnt queue up at 12 oclock to get this one, but im miffed that i preordered it and paid through the nose again, whilst the likes of Asds offered it for £30 and sainsburys offered it for £27. I cant believe the price difference, and i cant believe that there was no demo available for download, which they do for games like fifa and pro evo, its not as if they cant do it??

Anyway, rant over

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm a bit worried about it.
    MW1 and 2 were amazing - both in terms of game play and story, WaW was a real clunker compared to them. So I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I'm still going to buy it though, but not before Xmas. If it's anything like the MW titles it's going to hold its price until then. We're not going to see any major discounts anywhere - they don't need to, it will sell at full price happily enough.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

I'm with you on this one ZX.

I managed to pick mine up for £7.99 at HMV by trading in MOH.

Its just not giving me the buzz though of the previous 2 titles. I really don't like the speed of the characters movement, it all feels a bit slow to me. I am one of those annoying gits though who likes to tear about with command pro/lightweight pro, marathon etc..

I do like the new maps, very nice graphics, plenty of space, the cusomization of the characters is a good touch and the new multiplayer options such as the wager matches are excellent.

I think it's going to be a grower. I wasn't a fan of battlefield bad company at first either but I learned to love it.

edited to add: I still think it's worth a purchase.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Yeah, i like to run around like a headless chicken as well, u usually have lightweight pro, ninja pro and marathin on, they have put ninja and maratho on the same perk list tis time for soem silly reason. I also like the graphics, i do think they have improved, but whats the point if like you said thte game play is slower, or feels that way. I think from now on ill not bother with the hype, as apart from modern warfare 1 and 2, nothing really has lived up to expectations

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Think I'll pick up Rockband 3 instead ;)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I started to get bored with FPS games when doom 3 was realease even though I persisted in buying them. Halo for the xbox got me believing in the FPS game again but after call of duty 4 I'd had enough.

I prefer to play tactical shooters these days like operation flashpoint and RTS and RPG games.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I'll be honest when I say I really liked both MW and WaW... I played MW2 and thought it was the best Call of Duty game they've made so far. I haven't played Black Ops but I definitely want to try it and I'll probably buy it. The funny thing is, I could not get into Halo 3, maybe it's because I've never played the first two.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

It is a bit slow and jerky compared to MW2 but as billyr says it will grow on you so persevere with it btw I played my first wager match last night and I won..............SHOW ME THE MONEY lol :tongue

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  9. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Anyone else found the hidden game yet at the main menu?

10. reddevil12

No have you plz tell us more :eyecrazy

11. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  12. reddevil12

Cool cheers m8 :thumbleft

13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would probably get back into FPS games if they single player games were longer and when you played online you could immediatley ban people who camp, camping really pisses me off and says to me that those people that do it cant play properly but that never seems to be addressed so until it is I wont bother.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Ive just got this game, and can say there has been a couple of campers knocking around, but it dosnt seem as much as ive experienced in previous COD games - Maybe ive got lucky:)

However one or two of the perks in black ops can kinda counter this if used well, especially on team games... Like the little Explosive radio Controlled car, which is great for chasing camper around the map..

They sit they wait - camping away.............. then they either see the car and run in a comedy Benny Hill moment

or they sit there and BOOM!:D

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290