Bye Bye Ramos

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by grim, Oct 26, 2008.

1. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

More here

I know changing mangers doesn't help as the team will have to rebuild again to the new managers requirements. It just amazing that after changing managers and spending £70m on players they havent managed to win one PL game this season :confused2

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well Ramos had a difficult job on his hands, personally they should have kept jol maybe for a bit longer, so maybe the spurs board should take some of the blame. But also the players have to take some responsability i mean if i was on a wage of at least 60k a week, id guarantee 100% and expect the other players too as well. Also id love to see the football wage structure sorted out.

It seems to me somewhat unfair, i could work my arse off all week save then go and watch a match 30 quid plus travel and food , and maybe drinks etc, also if im taking a kid, this all adds up, just for somespolit sod to have an off day.

It should be that they get a minimum wage, and have to earn the rest in bonuses, reckon then wed hardly see players haveing off days etc.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

They should be paid a base pay and then get win bonuses

Jols doing well in his new job lol

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Can we have Hutton back now? :D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ramos didn't have a 'tough job' and he hasn't got what he deserves after helping to bring Spurs to its knees - because he'll still get a big fat severance package to sod off.

Blame has to be aportioned and admitted at all levels of the Spurs hierarchy. The players are apathetic on the pitch; Ramos' tactics just haven't been right for the league Spurs are in - and let's face it, selling Defoe, Keane and Berbatov and not purchasing one single decent replacement - instead p***ing money up the wall buying players for positions they didn't have issues with - well, their league position shows it all, doesn't it.

It's a shame for Pompey as Harry was doing a fantastic job there. But would you turn down a £5 million pay offer to manage at a club like Spurs? He'd have been a fool to turn down such an opportunity, really. It will be interesting to see what effect his no-nonsense management style has on the overpaid and underperforming upstartlets at White Hart Lane.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

For a start he might be able to get the best out of Darren Bent. The most ridiculous purchase of all time - he was awesome for Charlton yet bought by a team who didn't have a clue how to get the best out of him. He is undoubtedly Spurs' best striker now that Keane and Berbatov have gone - he should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

Spurs' real problem is that they have an utterly, utterly ****e back four. None of those players - with the possible exception of Village Idiot Woodgate - would get into any decent prem side's defence. Bale is pony at anything other than going forward and taking free kicks - he can't tackle, can't mark, has the positional sense of a five year old and can't pass with any accuracy over more than ten yards. Hutton is an average full back at best - again good going forward but terrible where it counts - defending. Dawson is just dreadful - I honestly don't remember seeing a worse premiership centre half (with the exception of Titus Bramble) and whilst King is undeniably absolute class, his knees appear to be fashioned out of crispbread.

Ramos would have had a job getting those muppets to keep a clean sheet between now and the transfer window - by which time they could already have been as good as down. Ramos' record in the market indicates that he wouldn't have made best use of any resources available to him, so I think that, personally, they've made a good decision. 'Arry's an excellent manager and if anyone can get them out of the ****e, 'he can. He'll get them enough points to get them out of the bottom three then will make a smash & grab raid for some Pompey players in the transfer window. They won't go down - I'd put my house on it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Did I not say last year that Spurs were gonna be in trouble and no one would have it.

In my opinion some footballers hadley ever look like they are trying they are still gonna get their big pay pack every week wether they play well or bad.

As Grim said they (all) should get a base pay and then a performance pay. No one is worth the kind of money these people get.

As for Harry going there, I think he is gonna have am uphill struggle to avoid relegation.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Here's Harry's take on matters

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I'm a solid Spurs fan and am glad to see the back of Ramos. The reason why the team is in the shape that it is is because of him. A manager is there to inspire, make the best use of resources at hand, and improve those resources accordingly for success. He chose a team that clearly don't work well together, and lost practically all of Spurs' best players to essentially lesser clubs.

C'ya Ramos! Thanks for nothing... :x

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  10. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Tottenham 2 - 0 Bolton

Grim

11. postman

postman Byte Poster

Bad managers are always to blame, you should see the useless idiots we have in Royal Mail (I wouldn't trust most of them to run a bath:blink).

WIP: A+
  12. Mathematix

'Nuff said. :biggrin

13. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Arsenal next lol

Grim

14. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Remember one swallow a summer does not make.

WIP: C++ and A+
  15. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

and there was me thinking you were perfact, Suppose we all have are crosses to bare:ohmy

WIP: C++ and A+
  16. Mathematix

Here's to hoping! lol

17. Mathematix

Of course I'm perfect! Every perfect person supports Spurs! :p

18. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Well as a Pompey fan I'm not so sure about Redknapp.. I wish him luck and all that but he's been tactically found out a few times and always shifts the blame away from himself.. he'll need a good team of staff behind him and will give the players confidence without doubt.. I just wish he wouldn't massage his ego in the press at every opportunity and spin everything to support the cult of 'Arry.. but I thought that when he was with us.. he's a bare faced liar about some of it..!

I'm fairly sure his book says he was an Arsenal fan growing up.. now it's Spurs..
    He said he'd never manage Southampton then left to joined them a couple of weeks later..
    Three or so weeks ago was branding Spurs supporters scum and now they're the best in the world..

I'd have much more respect for him if he got on with being a manager and didn't spend so much time trying to be popular.. he doesn't need to do that.. his managerial record should speak for itself..

Anyway.. good luck to him and Spurs and prepare yourselves for the cult of the soundbite with 'Arry and his media pals..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  19. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

you never know 8)

Grim

20. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Dude, your being abit harsh, Spurs have had a poor start to this season under Ramos, but its not only the back 4! Look at Spurs Midfielders!? On paper they should be technically sound and able to rip teams apart, and when your midfield is flopping, and you dont have a ball winner, like most other top 4-6 clubs have, its hard on your back 4, and when confidence is low its even tougher.

Woodgate in my opinion is sound, i watched him when he was at Boro' and he was the best player on the pitch. King is another, absolutly brilliant but injury prone... theyve just had bad luck, but to say they have a ***e defence is untrue. (if you were to say the keeper is a madman id agree haha!)

I think the team will finish mid table this season under Harry, who i think is an amazing manager. I just hope he can handle 'a bigger' club before he retires hope it all works out for him.

Certifications: A+, N+