Buying preparatory exams for MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by eddie, Feb 20, 2008.

1. eddie

eddie New Member

Hi,
    I have the Microsoft books and Measureup CD for my MCDST Exams. Being a bit new to this I would like to know if you can buy other prep exams second hand at all? Is this worth doing?

Eddie

WIP: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I wouldn't buy any second hand practice exams as they could be fake or braindumps why not have a look at preplogic,Transcender or Boson for practice exams you could download demos see which you like the best then purchase the one you like.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome :)

I agree with what GBL said, added to that testing software for the most part is registered to the individual.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can't legally buy prep exams second-hand. To my knowledge, every legitimate practice test provider restricts their licensing to a single user, and the license is NOT transferrable. The original purchaser of the license can't legally sell it, trade it, give it away, or let anyone else use it - it's for the use of the original purchaser only. Buying it second hand off eBay is just as illegal as downloading a pirated copy, because in either case, you don't have a legal license to use the software.

Bound books (NOT eBooks), on the other hand, are usually fair game to be resold.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

I would personally recommend purchasing Transcender, as i found a lot of the questions in there relevant to the questions in the real exam. Really helped me understand the questions in the real exam much better!

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP