Business to Home Premium

Discussion in 'Software' started by westernkings, Nov 29, 2008.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I have business installed on my home computer (vista Business) However I want to put Home Premium on instead now which I have a upgrade version of, is there any way I can get from Vista Business to Vista Home Premium without having to reinstall EVERYTHING ??? Help would be good guys. Cheers

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I think your only in-place upgrade options are to Enterprise or Ultimate.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's right.

Vista inplace upgrade paths:

Home basic -> Home Premium -> Ultimate or
    Business - > Enterprise -> Ultimate

You can also miss out the middle one, see here for upgrades.

While you can use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer settings/files between installs, the individual programs will have to be installed again.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

You no option but to to do a clean intall and also you can used the Windows Easy Transfer utility backup your files and settings and backup anything beforehand to a network share, external hard drive, another partition or DVD . May I ask why you want to go back to Home Premium, is it you have kids so you want to use the parental control or the Media Centre?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,