Building a computer

Discussion in 'A+' started by mackie, Sep 30, 2012.

1. mackie

mackie Nibble Poster

Hi All

I am working away steadily on my A+ and enjoying it. I have decided to get practical as well and build my own machine. Are there any tips on the preparation before I start buying parts? I am not too worried about cost within reason.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

Certifications: IAB, Sage 50, MOUS and MCP
    WIP: A+
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I would recommend eBuyer. It might also be worth while posting the list of parts on here before you buy them, so you can get some feedback before parting with your cash!

3. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

The main thing is making sure the parts work together, and you supply enough power. I agree that u should post your build before you buy it to make sure everything right.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

1. set a budget
    2. ask yourself what the pc is going to be used for
    3. read reviews and forums. i use Overclockers UK Forums

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. mackie

mackie Nibble Poster

Thanks. I will do some research and list what I want to do. I'll post it and see what people think before I start buying.

Certifications: IAB, Sage 50, MOUS and MCP
    WIP: A+
  6. DMC118

DMC118 Bit Poster

please wear anti-static gloves before unwrapping the peripherals. Good Luck!!

Certifications: HSC,DCA,DCITE,A+,N+,CCNA
    WIP: CCNP & MCSE