Brute-Forcing my brain (Practice)

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by sendalot, Dec 5, 2012.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

I covered all the exam topics.

I am using Pearson-IT and Boson practice exams. Also got MeasureUp sample for free.

What's the advice on using those?

Don't take them too many times, so that I don't memorize the answers and cheat on myself?

Take it once, review, wait a while, then take it again?

Until both come out above 95%?

Thanks.

Certifications: Many
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Caffeine and lots of it tend to help for me, the mrs hates me drinking so much red bull throughout the weeks of me studying as it's the big almighty crash at the end, but worth it for a pass.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

If you get something wrong, don't just memorise the answer, go to the book and read a bit around it. That way you might inadvertently learn something related to it that could come up in the exam.

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I use Transcender and I don't touch them until I've read the book cover to cover, and watched all the videos.

I then go through an exam pre-set and if I'm not 100% sure of the answer I write the general topic of the question down on a piece of paper sitting next to me! Once I finish the exam I go through each topic I've highlighted, whether its re-reading the book, watching the video again, or further reading online.

Then re-test with pre-set B, rinse and repeat... 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Thank you for the valuable tip!

6. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

I found using the kit to help the knowledge stick! I take it your doing ICND1 from your WIP?

If you have the kit I would advise playing with the Cisco Command Line until your comfortable.

If you don't you can always us GNS3 :) Good luck!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  7. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Sorry, I am bad with Acronyms.

What's WIP?

And GNS3 is a network simulator?

CLI and I are friends now, I am quite used to them.

What I am worried about is forgetting important concepts.

Thanks.

8. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Sorry my friend WIP - work in progress underneath your certification :)

Yes I do recommend GNS3 for the routing part of ICND1, if you are familiar with the Cisco IOS can't see any problems with you passing the exam!

In terms of the facts, these just need to by put into memory. Port numbers, protocols, syntax etc... and ofcorse subnetting, I used subnettingquestions.com for practice.

Good luck let me know how the exam goes!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+