brother in law

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by the case, Aug 3, 2009.

1. the case

the case New Member

My brother in law has not been happy with the way that his course is progressing he has wanted to quit for sometime, but do to computeach’s policy of not giving refunds if students decide to drop out, he has tried to persevere with the course, which subsequently resulted in Stephen having a breakdown.

I have read the contract and see that there is a cooling off period, the fact that students do not receive material during the cooling off period to see what the letting themselves in for.

If computeach gave refunds students who decide to drop out it would not put students under pressure to continue with the course if they are having such difficulty.

As my brother in law has paid in excess of £6000 it would not be unreasonable to ask computeach to give a refund for the parts of the course that he has paid for and is unable to complete as a result of the breakdown.

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I think you'd be better posting on a consumer affairs forum rather than here.

Try Trading Standards or

here or

this one

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sheesh... another one?

I think it's time for a sticky thread that we can point to for all the people who decide they'd rather whine and blame training providers for their problems instead of taking responsibility for their own bad decisions.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Agreed ! Certforums is here for "help, advice and resources to pass your certification" not to provide consumer affairs advice

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

I don't want to appear to be heartless but what has your brother-in-laws situation got to do with Computeach? I am sorry to hear that he has had a breakdown but from what I can deduce from your post, Computeach have simply provided your brother-in-law with a sevice/training program that he has been unable to complete.

If he had been out and bought a brand new car on finance prior to his breakdown and then decided that he did not want it, would you be chasing after the finance company for a refund!?