Brainbench?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by OceanPacific, Mar 11, 2008.

1. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

How do you guys feel about Brainbench? Ive got a few myself. I found the site and thought it would be good, free training with tests similar to the A+ and N+. Although it did seem it was a little "too" easy, but maybe I just doubt myself:biggrin

I dont know, what are your thoughts? I want to know.

WIP: N+, A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have not heard of them so I can't say if they are good or not. But certgaurd say they are are fine.

Maybe get a couple of different practice exams so you can get your confidence up. If you want another site thats free and safe proprofs offer a couple of free practice exams one of them was written by BrotherBill who is a member here.

There are a few questions on it which relate to the A+ 2003 objectives but those concepts are good to know anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Actually, brainbench are not practice exams. They are their own independant certification authority. They will certify you in everything from "networking fundamentals" to Autocad 2007.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have to say that I like Brainbench, however they are more along the lines of assessment certification rather then qualification certification.

A few companies actually use Brainbench for pre-employment testing.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

so its a way of testing your knowledge without gaining the piece of paper? :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

No, you get a piece of paper, but it costs you $14. I guess thats cheap compared to the $299 I paid for my N+:D

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Brainbench is fine for companies that are too lazy to develop their own exams, but want to assess potential employees. However, they're not very useful to improve a candidate's resume/CV... their "certifications", if you can call them that, are not widely recognized in the industry.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!