both a+ exams on one day?

Discussion in 'A+' started by demarrer, Apr 17, 2008.

1. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hi,

I have been toying with the idea of booking both exams 601, 602 on the same day and just get it over and done with... what are peoples experiences? Did you wait a week, a day between exams or had you wished you just went for it?

H

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I had about a month between mine, but looking back I didnt do much more study in between. I found the exams pretty similar, if you've gone through the Meyers book and feel ready, you'll be fine with both on one day in my opinion.

Just be sure your ready because its not cheap if it goes wrong! :)

Best of luck

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi demarrer,
    When I took my A+ I decided to do both exams on the same day, one after another. Fortunately it paid off and I passed both.
    When I was preparing for the exams using the Mike Meyers book I treated it as though it was one big exam and not 2 individual ones.

Best of luck!

NB:D

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I did both on the same day, the same way as Notes Bloke did.

It's a bit of pressure but I did that as my nearest test centre is 64 miles away.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?