Boson Village IV - Return of the Vampires to Bosonville

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Here's the game thread for Return of The Vampires of Bosonville, which is Part IV in the Boson Village series.

The rules I use come mostly from the game Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition by Bezier Games. If you like the game, support the company by purchasing their game.

Everyone who plays is a Villager. But living amongst the Villagers are several Vampires! Who can you trust? Who amongst you is a Vampire? :asthanos

The Humans win by killing all the Vampires.
    The Vampires win when there are as many Vampires as Humans... then, it's dinner time!

Gameplay:
    Every Night, the Vampires will secretly decide on a Villager to kill. If the Vampires cannot agree on a victim, nobody will be killed that Night.

Every Day, the surviving Villagers will discuss amongst themselves and nominate who they believe might be a Vampire. The first person to get two nominations will be up for a village vote to determine whether they should be Spared or Staked.

To vote for a player to be Staked, give a :thumbdwn. To vote for a player to be Spared, give a :thumbleft. If the player gets a majority of :thumbdwn votes, they will be Staked and Night will fall. If the player gets at least as many :thumbleft as :thumbdwn votes, they will be Spared and nominations will resume. Once someone else has received a second nomination, the voting will begin.

Each vote will close approximately 12 hours after a second nomination, so as soon as a person is nominated the second time, don't wait on me to post to start the voting! Begin voting immediately. I will take nights and weekends into consideration.

If three nominations fail to Stake anyone, Night will fall automatically.

Changes and clarifications to previous voting rules:
    • You can nominate only one person per Day.
    • If you nominate someone, it will now be assumed that you will be voting for them to be Staked! This is a change from the previous voting rules, where you could nominate someone and still vote to Spare them. Hopefully this will speed up the voting process.

Anything that should happen at Night should happen within approximately 12 hours after a game Night begins (which is after someone is Staked or after three nominations pass unsuccessfully). I will call for nominations to begin once I have started the next Day and revealed the previous Night's activities.

Unfortunately, you can't kill me. I'm the Moderator. 8) All secret actions performed by Special Roles should be sent to me via PM or e-mail.

When you receive your Role, please do not reveal it via external methods (PM, e-mail, voice, etc.) with anyone. Not that they will believe you anyway... you could be trying to trick them into believing you are something you're not. :disguise

How much time is involved? I would recommend that you check in at least once (preferably twice) per day. If you don't, you might miss out on nominations and/or voting. If you've got a special Role, I'd recommend that you check in more frequently, or give me "conditional orders" via PM or e-mail that lets me know what you want to do over the next few days. I will say this: people who don't participate usually end up on the long end of a pointy stick. ;)

I will attempt to balance the Roles to ensure a fair fight between Vampires and Villagers.

I look forward to Moderating another game for you!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael

Here are the Roles that MIGHT be included in this game. The number to the right of the Role indicates whether the Role makes it easier for the Villagers to win. The higher the number, the better the chance the Villagers will win.

Note! The Mayor has changed slightly from the previous game.

VILLAGER TEAM
    • Villager (+1): The Villager has no other duties other than to find the Vampires in their village and Stake them.
    • Bodyguard (+3): The Bodyguard chooses to protect a player each night, but never the same player twice in a row.
    • Cupid (-3): On the first day, Cupid will secretly select two players who will fall madly in love with one another. If one of the lovers dies, the other will die from a broken heart. Cupid can select himself as one of the lovers. A Vampire and Villager can be in love with one another; if this happens, then they are playing against everyone else - they win by being the last two to survive.
    • Diseased (+3): If the Vampires feed on the Diseased villager, the Vampires cannot feed the following night. :sick
    • Idiot (+2): Always votes for players to die. :dunce
    • Masons (+2): The Masons are a secret society, and the members know who the other Masons are - most importantly, they are all Villagers. But the first rule of the Masons is: Don't speak of the Masons. Not directly, not indirectly. You can guess what the penalty for even suggesting that a group like this exists... :knife
    • Medium (+3): One night per game, the Medium can hold a seance to determine the Role of a dead player.
    • Pacifist (-2): Always votes for players to live. :hb
    • Paranormal Investigator (+3): One night per game, choose three players. You will be told if at least one of them is a Vampire.
    • Priest (+3): One night per game, the Priest can choose a player to be protected. The next attempt to kill that player will fail.
    • Prince (+3): When voted to be Staked, the Prince will reveal his Role and will not get Staked. No further Stakings will happen that day. :king
    • Seer (+7): Each night, choose a player to learn if they are a Villager or a Vampire.
    • Tough Guy (+3): If you are attacked by Vampires, you will survive until the following night. :box2
    • Troublemaker (+2): One night per game, the Troublemaker can call for two Stakings the following day.
    • Vampire Hunter (+3): When the Vampire Hunter is killed by Staking, he can immediately retaliate by killing a player who voted against him (if he chooses). When the Vampire Hunter is killed by Vampires, he can choose which Vampire to kill.
    • Witch (+4): One night per game, the Witch can kill a player and/or heal a player that has been attacked that night (including herself).

VAMPIRE TEAM
    • Vampires (-6): The vampires will choose a victim each night. These aren't your fancy-schmancy fairy vampires that sparkle in the sunlight... but they don't burn in the sunlight, either. :asthanos
    • Minion (-6): The Minion knows who the Vampires are, but does not kill with the Vampires. The Minion wins if the Vampires win.
    • Rogue Vampire (-5): Not so fast, Vampires... one of you might be rogue. The Rogue Vampire wins if he is the last player left alive.
    • Sorcerer/Sorceress (-3): Each night, the Sorcerer chooses a player to determine whether they are the Seer. The Sorcerer wins if the Vampires win.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS
    • Cursed (-3): The Cursed player is a Villager until attacked by Vampires... then they become a Vampire.
    • Ghost (+2): When killed, the player will become a Ghost; this Role replaces the player's original Role. :gos The Ghost will learn the Roles of ALL the players. However, the Ghost can only communicate with the Villagers ONLY by writing ONE single alphabet letter per day. The Ghost stays on the same team as they were on when alive, so keep in mind that a Ghost might be giving you clues to help the Vampires!
    • Hoodlum (0): The Hoodlum chooses 2 players on the first night. The Hoodlum wins if they are dead and the Hoodlum is still alive at the end of the game.
    • Mayor (+2): Elected by the villagers before the game begins by voting using the same rules as Staking. The Mayor's vote counts twice. When the Mayor dies, a new Mayor will NOT be elected.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  3. BosonMichael

To roleplay your Villager (and it will be much more fun if you do), you might consider choosing one of the following occupations (any of which could also secretly be the Seer, Vampire Hunter, Prince, Idiot, Hoodlum, Witch, or... a Vampire!):

• Storekeeper/Merchant
    • Barkeeper/Innkeeper
    • Woodcutter/Carpenter/Sawyer
    • Bowyer/Fletcher
    • Cartwright
    • Boatwright
    • Blacksmith
    • Leathersmith
    • Tanner
    • Saddler
    • Coppersmith
    • Tinker
    • Potter
    • Stonemason
    • Shoemaker/Cobbler
    • Seamstress/Clothier
    • Butcher
    • Baker
    • Chandler/Candlemaker
    • Miller
    • Priest/Preacher (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Doctor/Midwife
    • Apothecary
    • Lawyer
    • Teacher
    • Banker
    • Accountant/Clerk
    • Author/Writer/Playwright
    • Artist/Sculptor
    • Scribe/Printer
    • Barber
    • Farmer
    • Shepherd
    • Fisherman
    • Gardener
    • Undertaker
    • Servant
    • Beggar
    • Stranger/Traveler
    • Minstrel/Bard
    • Town Drunk
    • Village Idiot (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Hoodlum (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Prostitute
    • Nanny
    ...or, come up with your own!

You CAN take an occupation that someone else has already taken!!! Perhaps you work with them... or they might be your competition!

So... if you're interested in playing, go ahead and introduce your character!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  4. BosonMichael

Current Player List:

1. Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery (JonnyMX)
    2. Old Shizam Oopta Ma'nees the Sewage Worker (twizzle)
    3. Vet Ant Bublés the Innkeeper (jay_s_uk)
    4. jk2447
    5. Josiahb
    6. alicat
    7. reddevil12
    8. GSteer
    9. nugget

... and more to follow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, as we're all here - allow me to introduce... me.

Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery (retired) of Old Bosonville Yard.

Been at the Yard man and boy. Done allright for myself too, untill some ****flap pencil-pusher in Human Whatnot decides that pushing suspects down the stairs while shouting 'bounce if innocent' isn't what the new ***** Yard is all about.

So, early *****bucket retirement it is for me, but there's some ***** fight in the old boy yet!
    You won't catch me sitting around, drinking *** tea and doing the **********kipper crossword. No.

Anyone out there slightly the wrong side of the ** law, of some kind of half-dead ************ contraption or just looking at me in the wrong way.

Be warned - Dick Battery is in town!

:cowboy

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well yer can count me in, names Old Shizam Oopta Ma'nees the sewage worker. I ave no sense o smell which helps in my line o work, and i can 'old me breath fer 10 minutes if'n need be. I got bit o a hunch as some o those pipes be a little bit cramped and i's dont liek too much sunlight, it 'urts me eyes ya see.

Now would any one want to share me lunch? I 'ave rat on a stick, and summat that i thinks is a chocolate bar..*sniff sniff* yep its deff a chocolate bar..(this time). :oops:

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Right, shut it you ****!!!
    Either you've got a sense of smell or you **** aint.
    Make your ******carpet mind up!!!

All the ************ same to me sunshine.
    Here, sniff this...

8. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

OW!!!! There was no need fer that! If you wanna eat the choccy bar just say so. It smells liek choccy to me, but as i said, i ave no sense of smell. So's ya take ya chances. Don matter ta me, it'll be back in the sewers before long one way or tuver!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  9. BosonMichael

By the way - you should start thinking about who you want for Mayor. I'll supply the red and white paint for the back-mounted target. :twisted:

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Wot?
    Are you some sort of *****ing Mr Big?

Any Mayor better watch his P&q's, or he'llfind his (or hers, god forbid) in the ***** vice.

Sorted!

11. BosonMichael

I'm the voice in your head. :twisted:

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, Mr Voice In My Head - I blamed you straight up during my disciplinary hearing and then spent three months wearing a white ****** jacket that goes on ***** backwards.

So thanks a ********** ***** bundle!

13. jay_s_uk

jay_s_uk Bit Poster

Let me introduce myself.
    I'm Vet Ant Bublés, the owner of the local Inn.
    My Inn is known as the best place for local ale and where everyone comes to drown their sorrows.

Certifications: HNC Mechanical Engineer
    WIP: Computing Degree, 70-680
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just make ***** sure they don't ******* try to drive *** home afterwards!

15. jay_s_uk

jay_s_uk Bit Poster

I don't think being drunk in control of a horse will be much issue.
    Although in worst case's I sometimes remove their saddles. More fun to watch that way

16. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

******** true.

But a 'designated rider' scheme is the way to go.
    I've sent more than one **** nag down the glue factory for less.

And the occasional ************** horse too.

17. jay_s_uk

jay_s_uk Bit Poster

Well I am thinking of introducing a rent a rider scheme.
    If you're too drunk, you pay one of my lads to ride you home, ensuring that you get there safely, but its very early days yet.

18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

OI!
    Sunshine!

We'll have none of that ******bucket filth going on round here!

19. jay_s_uk

jay_s_uk Bit Poster

If you're interested in that sort of thing Dick, you have to pay extra!

20. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

If I may interject, my name is Andreas Desforges, a scribe of some repute I've heard some of the fascinating tales of the previous attempts to occupy this little hamlet and I've come in search of some inspiration for my next tale of mad men and monsters.

I have to say I've already gathered some fine character notes so far from the other inhabitants!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10