Boson releases new ExSim-Max practice exams for CCNP

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by BosonMichael, Jun 25, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't usually use the forums to announce Boson products, but this time, I feel that it is worth announcing.

Boson is releasing ExSim-Max products for the new CCNP track today:
    - ROUTE 642-902
    - SWITCH 642-813
    - TSHOOT 642-832
    ...and a three-exam CCNP kit.

There are two reasons why this is significant:
    1. To my knowledge, they are the first (legit) practice exams available for the new CCNP track.
    2. Our new TSHOOT exam contains groundbreaking exam technology that simulates troubleshooting a complex network topology.

I'm pretty proud of the TSHOOT exam, particularly since BosonJames and I created it. If you're curious about what's so "new" about it, check out this YouTube video: link

If ROUTE and SWITCH are more your thing, you can download our Boson Exam Environment (BEE) engine so you can grab a demo.

So... what do you think? 8)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Good to see more exam products coming out. Can't comment on the quality since I dont know anything about the material.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Looks brilliant mate, a credit to you and Jim, oh and Boson obviously! Well Done

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

I was just thinking about what cert to do next after passing the Security + today. I wanted to continue with Cisco to maintain my CCNA and had been thinking about Voice or Security but the TSHOOT Exam looks FUN and being out of work for a Year it looks like a great exam to get me up to speed again.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, MCTS 70-642, Security +
  5. BosonMichael

The TSHOOT exam is unlike any other exam I've taken. It's definitely different! :)

If I can get some time later this week, I'm going to post some TSHOOT exam preparation tips and strategies on Boson's blog. If not this week, then hopefully soon.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

Do you think I would be best of doing Router and Switch first and then TSHOOT. I have a lot of experiense as 3rd. level support but have gaps in my knowledge.

Doing the TSHOOT and reading up on Router and Switch as you get into areas where you are weak may be a fun way to do it.

7. BosonMichael

Well... as much as I like TSHOOT, I'd recommend doing ROUTE and SWITCH first. TSHOOT is not easy, particularly if you have gaps in your knowledge.

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Looks pretty good Michael. When I get up there to take the exam I will definitely consider it! Good job!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

Michael, as always good advice. I have been reading the TSHOOT Cisco book and it looked easy, almost superficial with stuff ( troubleshooting ) im am very familiar with. But when I checked on the test that came with the book it went it to a lot of detail that I know I wil find in ROUTE and SWITCH.

Thanks for your response. Now I just have to decide which to take first. I am leaning towards ROUTE. It is a shame because I enjoyed the TSHOOT labs in Boson NetSIM

10. BosonMichael

I would definitely recommend ROUTE first.

When I took the CCNP many years ago, I did Routing, then Switching, then Remote Access, then Troubleshooting... which were the four exams we had to take back then.

Glad to be of assistance - shoot me an e-mail if you need anything. :)

11. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

I have just started my CCNP studies. My plan is ROUTE (Hard) --> SWITCH (Easy) --> TSHOOT (Hard) then party when i pass!

I got the Route Cisco press cert guide last week and read 2 chapters so far. The style looks very different to the CCNA style exams.... the changes to remove some technology and improve knowledge on the other technology seems pretty good for real world scenarios.

I plan to take the route exam in october sometime so will be using the boson exam to help me with that!!! :-)

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  12. BosonMichael

Will you be using the Boson exam in the Cisco Press book or the Boson ExSim Max exam from our site? The reason I ask is this... if you bought it in a book, it's not Boson. Although the exam in the Cisco Press book uses Boson's testing engine, it isn't a Boson exam - it's written by Cisco Press authors. If you want Boson's exams, you have to purchase them from Boson. Download the demo and see the difference for yourself! :thumbleft

Hope this helps. Good luck on your exams!

13. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

The one from the book...... didnt know any different! :oops:

ill have a look at the demo and see whether i think i need it nearer the time. Cheers buddy!

Jon

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  14. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

That's a common misconception. People think that because it says Boson on the back of the book and on the exams that they are using our content, when they are only using our software engine. While I am, of course, biased, I think that you'll see a big difference between the practice questions in the book and the ones that you can get from our site.

15. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

Hey Michael, sorry i missed your original post or i would've replied earlier - we know the path your team walks and the difficulty involved in attaining speed-to-market while maintaining quality, so I must say this release deserves a huge 'Attaboy' :)

~ Best wishes on continued success

16. BosonMichael

Thanks!