Books for the 2006 exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Povester, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Povester

Povester Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I'm looking to kick off my Self-Study now, but I'm having trouble finding any books dedicated to the 2006 exams. Can anyone please give me links to where I can purchase any books and your thoughts on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

I've just bought the Mike Meyers CompTIA A+ Certification exam guide book. It cost £34.99 from PC World.

I'm reading through it now, and it covers the new 2006 exams. It is the sixth edition book.

I had the same problem, trying to find the right book for the new 2006 exams, as Amazon wasn't all that clear and different WH Smith stores were telling me different things, along with all the other book shops that I tried.

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  3. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  4. Povester

Povester Bit Poster

Thanks guys.

I think I'll invest in the Mike Meyer's book, heard a few good things about them from this forum :-)

5. klospros

klospros Nibble Poster

The Mike Myers books are very good, you can also try www.sybex.com as well for there range of books. There A+ covers all 4 A+ exams

Certifications: A+ 2006, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  6. ZZR1100

ZZR1100 Bit Poster

does the Mike meyers book cover EVERYTHING you need for the A+ exam? Or is other sources of info required?

7. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MTA
  8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

No book covers *everything*, but the MM book is one of the best at coverage.

You should *always* read around the subject when doing certs!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. drvirus

drvirus New Member

Hi,
    Im new here. I also have question.. I am reading Mike meyer's All in one 6th edition A+ guide book.. its pretty good. I just want to know that you know there is a big heading/banner on top before chapter or topic starts like 'ESSENTIALS' or 'IT TECH'.

Shall I go through the essential topics first instead of studying both? coz I am going to give essential exam first?