Booking ITIL Foundation Exam (Online?)

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by carlt99, Sep 15, 2008.

1. carlt99

carlt99 New Member

Hi All!

I'm a Noob!

How did you all book your ITIL exams?

I've done my swotting and way too many practice exam questions for the ITIL V3 foundation and now I want to sit the exam before I forget it all!

I've seen British Consumer Society messages regarding sitting the exams online but I can see no links to allow me to book for that.

If online isn't possible I can happily book something local as I'm in London. I know I can go through prometric. Anyone got any other ideas or any guidance on best ways to do this?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

You can book the ITIL exams either thru Prometric or Vue. You first have to register with the testing centre. Then you can book the exam. ITIL is under 2 testing bodies: EXIN and ISEB. You can sit the exam with either as there is no difference between the two (I do have to say that when I sat the ITIL v3 foundation exam EXIN was cheaper at the time).

Hope this helps

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. ranatara

ranatara New Member

Please Please can you help!!!!!

I am on a 3 day course in the UK nextweek and from what I have heard there is an exam on the 3rd day.
    It is a paper based exam with 40 questions and NOT computer based.

Does anyone know if the Testinside v2.89 paper or actual tests 13/007/2008 be relevant?

Thanks.

4. Kitkatninja

I've already answer this here.

No, these 2 are braindumps - you can lose your certifications and be banned from any future exams. Get yourself the ITIL book to read before hand and pay attention to the course.

Don't cheat, if you feel like you're not ready, don't do the course/exam.

Unless you're spamming the forum...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

I done the practitioner and foundation and they were paper based with an invigilator present. Doubt these can be done on a PC as the ISEB Practitioner one has a essay type question. Because the exams need invigilators this might restrict the number of testing centres (not sure on this tho).

PS: The EXIN one doesn't have an essay ytpe question - all multiple choice but the grammar and stuff is a bit ropey cos it's translated from dutch (could even be english - dutch - english) so be prepared for either head scratching or writer's cramp if you do the practitioner

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I think you're confusing exam boards with exam papers. ISEB and EXIN are the two exam BOARDS who deal with the examinations via testing centres such as Prometric etc.

The FOUNDATION exam is multiple choice and can be sat online at a testing centre.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

The practitioner exams differ tho based on the board, I did the EXIN one and had no essay question but the guy who sat beside me in work done the ISEB one and had an essay type question. Both of us tho had to give a presentation during the course - think this is to make attendence compulsory and allow training companies cash in

8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Are you talking V2 or V3 ? For V3 the exam format should be the same regardless of the exam body. The exam body is just providing the examination process for ITIL

9. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

Fair point, mine was v2 - i'll ask the other guy what his was, but that could explain the difference.

10. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

ITIL V3 details here

11. Kitkatninja

Some of the ITIL v3 Intermediate exams were only released this week, with the rest being release in Jan 2009. So I believe that you're talking about v2 (unless it's the bridge exam you're talking about).

-Ken

12. Blake Browns

Blake Browns New Member

Hi, if you need research paper help, you can ask the writers at the student help service for help. But before that, you will need to make sure that professionals in their field work there. Read the reviews.