Booking exam after March- Clarification

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by dhenderson, Feb 4, 2011.

1. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

Hi all

Ive just tried to book my 70-271 on prometric. I wanted to see if you could take it after march so i was looking for april 1st on the calendar.As we all know, the expiry date is end of june for the MCST. However, april seems to be greyed out on every test center i click on.

My point is, if you cant book the 1st April (which is 8 weeks from today) then maybe the expiry for MCDST is in fact end of march rather than end of june?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No its the end of June, if you do a search on here and look at last weeks posts you can see that this has been verified by Microsoft. If the test centers you are looking at are greyed out all it means is there is no place available so you will have to try another test center.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. redbullman

redbullman New Member

This isn't actually correct. I've just been on the Prometric website to try and book 70-272 and it's greyed out for April at all the uk exam sites. To see if this is just a Prometric booking issue, I tried to book a Windows 7 exam (which obviously isn't being withdrawn). This was also unavailable to book after March at all the uk test sites. So this is clearly an issue with Prometric not allowing anyone at this stage to book after March for any exam.

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCDST
    WIP: -
  4. greenbrucelee

Obviously it is a prometric issue but what I said was correct. It is not being retire till June 31st and usually when its greyed out it means that center and day is unavailable. Maybe if you try again in a few days it will be resolved.

5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I'm doing 70-271 in Feb, so it doesn't affect me either way, but I can confirm that Prometric isn't allowing bookings after March.

Drop them an e-mail and I'm sure they'll get it sorted. If they don't, let MS know and I'm sure they'll chase it up.

6. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Yep, I am also concerned about this as I have just decided to take the 70-271 and-272, I have just checked on prometric and the centre in my area has the whole of April,May and June blocked out, yet most of March is available. What if I'm not ready for March?

Whats going on here? Is it worth contacting MS about this issue?

Cheers

Steveo

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  7. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

On this subject I have just emailed Prometric to ask about this as there is no centres in the UK to bokk after 31/03.
    I have seen several emails received from Microsoft to other people on different forums and they say that they don't expire until 30/06!

Steve

8. greenbrucelee

the exam does not retire until the end of June this is clarified by MS on their website. If everything is greyed out then either the center is fully booked up or there is a problem with the prometric website

9. AjP

AjP Bit Poster

This isn't a problem with the website, I spoke to someone at prometric yesterday who said the last they had heard from microsoft was that they were retiring the exam on 31st March

I pointed her to the website and I got this reply by email

"Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability."

However I still cannot book an exam after 31st march as no dates have been added at either of the two test centers in Birmingham one of which (GBA40) has no fully booked days in March but every day after March 31st is greyed out and I can book other MCP exams in April

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682, MCITP
  10. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Exactly the same email for me:
    Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability.

You may visit the link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4 to review the list of exams, which are due to retire.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if any further assistance is needed

Sincerely,

Candidate Care

Prometric

Noorderwagenplein 6

8223 AL–Lelystad

The Netherlands

I have emailed back asking why it is not possible to book at any centre in the UK after 31/03. It is not possible that every centre in the country is booked up for 3 months!

11. greenbrucelee

I have asked the same question, I have personally looked at nearly every test site on the prometric website and there are no tests available after 31st March. I have also stated that they are saying a grace period of upto 30th June has been allocated where there is no grace period, the exam retirement was changed to 30th and thats that. Personally I think they are pulling a fast one.

12. AjP

AjP Bit Poster

I got an email from Prometric today saying

"Please note that the dates after March 31, 2011 will be available soon on the website."

its posted on a different thread, hopefully it will be soon, but I'm glad I can take my exam in April not March... got me some CBT Nuggets to watch!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682, MCITP