Booking A+ exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by brizzoluk, Jul 19, 2010.

1. brizzoluk

brizzoluk Kilobyte Poster

I am looking at dates to book my 601/602 exams, i want to book them as close to the Aug 31st date as i can to give me as much time to cram for them as possible.
    What would be advisable for the time between the two exams?
    One week/two weeks, or a few days apart?
    Any advice appreciated.

Also, is there anything else i need to do apart from just booking them online with the test centre?
    One other thing, i want to buy some practise exam software but total sem and Boson dont seem to offer them for these exams?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many people schedule the two exams for the same day or one day apart. There is a lot of overlap.

I wouldn't recommend scheduling them too close to the deadline. You will want to give yourself some time for a retake should you fail one or both of them. If you don't pass them both by the deadline, you'll have to take the 701/702 exams - you can't mix and match 601 with 702 or 701 with 602.

If you're interested in the ExSim Max for A+ 2006 from Boson, I can hook you up for the same price as the ExSim Max for A+ 2009. Shoot me an e-mail by clicking my username here and I'll get one of our Customer Service reps to contact you with the info they need.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you can do them in order and whenever you want.

What I would advise is the same as what BM said, don't leave it till near the 31st August deadline what will you do if you fail? I have seen the new A+ materials and there is a difference between the 600 & 700 series.

If you dont mind me saying you seem to have been studying the A+ for a long time and you may end up doing what I did which was to overstudy. I actually went blank in the essentials exam and just passed it and I mean just. However I aced the IT tech exam.

Also Bosons practice exams are excellent miles better than transcender or preplogics, well worth it as you can put the exams in a simulation mode where you are provided with the answers to questions, why those answers are what they are and references you can use to check against those answers. A very good learning tool if you ask me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

To be fair to our competitors, I believe they also offer a simulation mode. Some of them also offer explanations and references. However, I believe that it is the quality of our explanations and our well-crafted questions that sets Boson ahead of the competition. I wholeheartedly recommend that people download demos from multiple companies and compare them to see the difference for themselves.

Thanks for the props, GBL. :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. brizzoluk

Thanks for the advice people.
    Boson i will message you reference the practise exams.
    Yes i have been studying the A+ for a long time and that is down to a lack of time and energy to put into it.
    I work full time doing a very physical job then when i get home i look after my young son until he goes to bed at 8pm, at which point im pretty exhausted and the last thing i feel like doing is getting my head stuck in a book.

I was weighing up the options of either leaving it as late as possible to take them giving me as much study time as possible, or taking a them a couple of weeks earlier to give me a chance to retake should i fail and its been stressing me right out!

Im gonna book my essentials for the 13th Aug which gives me about 3 and a half weeks to cram and the 602 about a week after.

6. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

all the best mate,

let me know how you get on.

Got my 220 602 IT Tech tomorrow....
    Gulp!:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  7. brizzoluk

Good luck mate, im bricking it!!

8. brizzoluk

One other thing. do you have to do the exams in a particular order?
    ie. if i fail the essentials exam can i go ahead and take the 220-602?

9. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

When is the switch over date from the 601-202and the 701-702?

How did that 1st exam go hope you passed it....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    Certifications: City & Guilds level PC repar 1 & 2
    WIP: Comptia A+
  10. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

Hello Mate

I passed the 601 yesterday and went home and booked the 602 for today and passed. You can take the exams in any order, and you can retake the exams straight away if you fail. You only have to wait to retake after your 3rd failure. You can verify this on the comptia website FAQ section.

Good luck

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  11. brizzoluk

The 601/602 finishes on August 31st.

Yes i passed the 601 and have the 602 on Tuesday.

Bazzawood30 - Did you find the 602 harder than the 601?