Bookie wookie

Discussion in 'A+' started by badge, Feb 21, 2014.

1. badge

badge New Member

Hi,

I was going to tag along to another thread but then decided to create my own.

So I currently work in IT at the minute. Quite a varied role, not what I enjoy but at least its a job and pays the mortgage.

I thought it's time to get some qualification behind me, and starting with the A+.

My first question would be which book do people recommend?

I had a quick look at the Mike Meyers exam guide - would anyone recommend this or not.

Thanks in advance for your reply's. I look forward to speaking to you all.

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Im currently studying for the A+, as a complete novice I've gone for the Mike Meyers all in onw guide which covers tge A+ and beyond. If you already work in IT I recommend the A+ Exam cram book.

3. badge

badge New Member

Ace - thanks for the advice.

Is that the book that's red & yellow. Have you read it, looked through it?

How are you finding the course so far? How far into it are you?

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I own it but have only skimed through it seems pretty good but not as detailed as mike myers book

5. Messiah74

Messiah74 Bit Poster

Having used the Myers book and passing the cert with no wrong answers I would say it's pretty awesome but then the cert isn't really challenging if you have spent some quality time with the hardware :)

Certifications: Comptia A+ , Comptia N+ , C.C.N.A
    WIP: M.C.S.A