Booked My 70-272 Exam for the 29th July

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by desi4eva, Jul 13, 2009.

1. desi4eva

desi4eva Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I have booked my exam for the 29th July and if i pass my company will pay for the exam

Quick question:

will I be allowed to use a pen and paper in the exam to take notes?

I have been doing the measureup and transcender exams for the last week or so when i started off I was only getting around 50-70% of the questions right.

After studying I am now getting around 80-95% on both exams.

This is my first Microsoft exam and don’t now what to expect I have around 3 year support experience in 1st and 2nd line and in some cases 3rd line server support.

Any tips? Will the questions be similar to the ones on the measureup and transcender exams?

Thanks Again

Certifications: GNVQ ICT, NVQ Level 2 ICT Support, MCP
    WIP: MCDST, A+, MCSA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you usually get a marker and dry wipe board for notes. your not allowed to take anything in with you for obvious reasons.

YOu should be doing the same exams over and over because you will have remembered the answers. Make sure you are doing exam you haven't seen before.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

As GBL said, you'll get a marker and a board in the exam, but honestly - you won't use it.

If you're getting those types of marks on the practice exams then I wouldn't worry. You're probably over-thinking it all as it's your first (as I did).

Just chill, read through your notes and keep doing those practices.

You'll be fine :)

Best of luck for when you take it.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. desi4eva

desi4eva Bit Poster

Thanks for the quick reply guys :biggrin

I have been trying to randomise the question but you can only do the exams so many times until the engine runs out of questions lol

I am just worried that the real exam questions will be completley diffirent from the ones on the test exams which one have you found to be the best one to use? - i Have the self paced training kit from microsoft as a PDF and the Sybex one.

And i heard that pass4sure is a braindump is that true? a friend gave me a copy but the questions were the same as the ones in measure up and transcender just reworded

Certifications: GNVQ ICT, NVQ Level 2 ICT Support, MCP
    WIP: MCDST, A+, MCSA
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

always use certguard to verify if something is a braindump. If the practice questions you are doing are the same as the real exam then they would be a braindump so the questions on Trasncender and measure up will be different to the ones you will get in th exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

P4S is indeed a braindump, and using them can get you decertified for life. Transcender and MeasureUp are not braindumps.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Steer clear of the asterisk'd out one above mate. Imagine all your hard work and effort going to waste just because you used a stupid bit of software, you'd be gutted. Good luck with your exam, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs