Bonzi Buddy

Discussion in 'Software' started by Softix, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Softix

Softix Bit Poster

There used to be an old software called Bonzi Buddy-I'm sure a few of you would have heard/used it...a cartoon monkey companion-telling jokes, reminding of events, singing songs..was fun while it lasted..

But then I got to know it was just a gateway to viruses :( . Any experiences with it ?

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Fortunately I got to hear of it's bad side very early on - so I haven't even seen it!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I remember it also came bundled with other software too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Rearl

Rearl Bit Poster

My daughter thought it was cute and had it installed on a windows 98 system. It was one of my first experiences of something completely taking over the computer. This purple ape had a clickable belly button that would make thing worse and worse. He wanted to take you shopping,, etc. I remember finding directions for removal at their website. It didn't happen right away though. It was an early lesson on researching software before using it.

Certifications: A+601 602
    WIP: network+
  5. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

Old-Skool adware, filthy stuff.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... I removed it whenever I saw it installed.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Just headaches.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It sounded like a bit of fun.

Quickly got annoying.

And didn't want to go...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I remember it well - this was my (and many colleagues') first glimpse at malware and what it could do given a sniff of a chance. I remember once trying to get it off my brother-in-law's 98SE box - spending two hours in the process then just vaping the OS and starting from scratch... only to go round a couple of weeks later and find he'd let his kids install it again... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Softix

Softix Bit Poster

Hehh..yeah thats the Bonzi Buddy I remember all right!! :D