Bluetooth Question....

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Kraven, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

I'll be taking my 70-270 exam soon and I noticed that people on here say their is bluetooth questions. I'm just unsure about this practice question.

Basically a user claims she is having problems using her new bluetooth wireless headset with her bluetooth enabled Windows XP Pro computer. All the devices are working fine but the users computer is unable to detect the headset.
    I need to ensure that the user can use their new headset with the computer, what do I do?

Put the headset in discovery mode or put the users computer in discovery mode?

Thanks

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well a way to test this would be to put a phoe next to the laptop to test that the BT on the windows is actually working, and see if it picks up the phone etc. go along the lines of that etc and i think you wont be far wrong , unless someone else in here is going to correct me.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

if you dont mind me asking where did you get that question? :blink

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

because that question isnt supposed to be there.. i have had that question in my 270 exam - word for word even the answer you suggesting appeared in my exam. How come i remember because i never did any bluetooth revision and this question stuck in my head to remind me how sneaky MS can be!

If you can please could post a link to the pratice test cause i cant find it anywhere... :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

It was a while ago since I took a practice exam on that website, think it was when I first started studying for the exam. I couldn't remember what the answer was but I could remember the question and 2 of the answers. I was just woundering if anyone knew and could explain so I wouldnt be fooled in the real exam if a similar question was there.

Thanks

7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Well a bluetooth headset won't have a discovery mode as it's only a service provider (in this case the bluetooth headset service). The only option is to put the PC in discovery mode.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Ah thanks alot baba!