Bloody Parcel Force

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Oct 4, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I paid extra for my components for my new build to come today (saturday). I only received the case, apparently the rest of it is still at the sorting office in Coventry.

According to the guy who brought the case, the sorting office in Coventry is full of morons. My case box has saturday delivery in big writing apparently the other box(s) do too.

I specifically wanted it today as I am actually of work for a change so today would have been a great time to build it.

I am pissed off to say the least.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I would try and put a claim in and see if you can get your money back as they are the ones in the wrong mate.

One thing that comes to mind is how does the delivery guy know that your other box has Saturday delivery wrote on it? And if he has seen it then why didnt HE pick it up?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Can't you contact them and play merry hell with them, at the end of the day you';ve paid for a service they havent delivered. Can you contact are the selling company contactable on a saturday, sometimes these have more leverage with couriers plus can get them when they appear to be out of office.

City link are normally a pain in the rear for me, had an order that came in 2 boxes, they delivered one and said no more about it until I rang ebuyer who contacted them and said the driver couldn't find it but has now so it will arrive the next day, idiots.

WIP: A+
  4. greenbrucelee

He didn't know but I got him to phone the sorting office in Coventry and thats what they told him.

5. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

contact them and play the trading standards card mate, is amazing how people will wrong a right when you do. If there unhelpful just take it up a level further

6. greenbrucelee

They said there is no way I'll get it today but they have apologised. Novatech are going to contact them to get a refund then they will reimburse me.

7. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

that sucks but unfortunately it happens with all couriers as they employ retards from agencies to do all the sorting

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  8. greenbrucelee

crap retards, I am someone who is reliable and dependable. If someone ask me if I will do something and I say yes then I will do it. Why can't everyone be the same?

I just hope everything works once I receive the rest.

9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Had this many, mnay times. Unfortunately yu will find a small clause saying that even tho' you paid for Sat delivery they cannot ABSOLUTELY guarantee it.
    Best you'll get is refund of the extra payment for saturday delivery from your supplier (not Parcel Force) as contract for delivery is between PF and the supplier.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  10. greenbrucelee

The problem is they could deliver part of the consignment.

11. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Won't make any difference m8 unfortunately.

I've had this exact same scenario with Parcel Force, TNT, City Link etc. Your beef is always with your supplier as they have the contract with the courier. In 10 yrs of dealing with various suppliers and getting Trading Standards and lawyers involved you only get back a refund of the extra you paid for the Saturday delivery.

If you could prove that it has cost you by it not being delivered (i.e. loss of earnings or business production) you may ( and I stress the MAY) be able to get a bit more back but it would probably cost you more than you would get to actually get it.

It's a real pain but that's just how it goes.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  12. greenbrucelee

I already contacted the supplier and they are going to get in touch with Parcel farce and then get in touch with me about a refund.

It's just frustrating as I will probably have to build it over two days instead of one because I'll be working.

13. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

I've done that before and paid extra for an item which was one day late, but I paid like £7 extra for next day delivery. Hope you get the refund, even though the refund isn't the point, it's the principle, people pay extra for quick delivery for a reason

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
  14. greenbrucelee

Yeah, I'm not really bothered about the £7 it's the fact that isn't here and it should be. All I have is a redundant Antec 1200 gaming case on my desk. All the other components are in Coventry and they better come Monday or I'll get angry.

15. greenbrucelee

Finally, Parcel Farce have delivered the rest of it, I just need to wait untill 3PM so I can get building. 8)

16. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

How is the build going GBL?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  17. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS I HATE COURIERS

I always have problems with them as well, had to go pick stuff up several times in the past because they don't meet delivery dates. On Monday I had City Link ring my buzzer and vanish within 5 seconds, no joke, they were gone. So, I look on their site and saw that I had apparently received a card.... nope? I figured I'd wait until the next day, see if they retry or what not. It was later updated on their site that they were bringing the item out to me again... I waited.... and waited.... 7pm I'm looking at their website and, oh low and behold, I've not been in my house and was given a card. Well, that's odd. My girlfriend was in the house ALL day and so was I at the time or their so called delivery attempt.

Really annoying, in both days and still they fail to delivery my item, or a card. Another issue I have with City Link is that they just leave these cards in the front door of the flats, so anyone could just pick it up, bin it, or the rightful recipient might not notice it. It's ridiculous.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  18. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

UK Couriers suck!!! Although, it does seem to depend on what part of the country you live in. I had nothing but trouble with couriers in Glasgow, when they always used the "we rang the buzzer" excuse and the website always said they'd left a card, which is a clever trick if you can't get in the building never mind to the 23rd floor!

Now, I live in Nottinghamshire in a building with a genuinely broken buzzer, but they always manage to deliver... go figure!

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

(I... love... this... companyeeeeeeeeeesssss!)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Have to agree with above about Citylink - I work in a courier company and unfortunately have to deal with Citylink on a daily basis - they are THE worst delivery company, full stop. Every day I have to deal with stuff missing, stuff smashed, every day stuff just disappears into thin air (usually laptops). It is true that they employ morons to sort the goods, and they really just do not care - those of us that try hard to make things work are always ultimately let down by the total apathy of most of the employees there.

In summary, avoid CityLink like the plague :)

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+